Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tips for chinchilla coming from far away  (Read 1557 times)

Lessa

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
  • Chinny Mommy
    • View Profile
Tips for chinchilla coming from far away
« on: August 14, 2018, 12:47:33 PM »

Hi there,

My newest chin is coming from three hours away. I plan to put him straight into his new home and give him relax time. He'll be just over 2 months. How long until I should start introducing myself to the little guy? It'll be hard not to want to hold him immediately as I haven't had a chin in so long but I know that he'll need some relax time after such a long car ride. Probably his first car ride too.

Any tips on how long I should wait would be great. He is out going, and friendly, well handled by the breeder. There are no other chins that he will be with.
Carbuncle - born June 22, 2018

StevenB

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Tips for chinchilla coming from far away
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 07:43:07 AM »

Hi there,

My newest ZQuiet review is coming from three hours away. I plan to put him straight into his new home and give him relax time. He'll be just over 2 months. How long until I should start introducing myself to the little guy? It'll be hard not to want to hold him immediately as I haven't had a chin in so long but I know that he'll need some relax time after such a long car ride. Probably his first car ride too.

Any tips on how long I should wait would be great. He is out going, and friendly, well handled by the breeder. There are no other chins that he will be with.

He's such a cutie. What exactly did you do, Lessa? How much time did you give the little guy to get familiar with his new surroundings etc?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 10:36:57 AM by StevenB »
Pages: [1]   Go Up