Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lump on Doodle's side  (Read 1536 times)

Snickerdoodlesmom

• Proud mom of Snickerdoodle
  • Appreciation points: 11
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile
Lump on Doodle's side
« on: April 04, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »

Hi all;
Every now and then, when I'm scritching Doodle's left side (between his front and back legs, right around his ribs), I feel a strange little lump that I can't see because of the thickness of his fur. Of course, it doesn't help that he won't sit still to let me check it, but when I touch it, he doesn't mind; it doesn't seem to hurt him at all. When he was a few months old, I found a large mole in his ear, which a vet determined to be benign. He also has birthmarks on his reproductive organs, and possibly on his feet, too. However, only the ear mole is raised. Given his history of birthmarks and moles, should I just assume that this odd little lump is another mole? It's been there forever!
- Dvora, Snickerdoodle's Momma

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Lump on Doodle's side
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 08:48:12 PM »

Welcome back the forum. Long time no see.
I wouldn't be too concerned about it unless you notice changes in size or baldness where your pet is trying to get at it. The next time you go to vet just ask about it. But see if you can't find another one right across from it. Chinchillas, even male chinchillas, can still have nipples and other chin owners have mentioned them thinking there were abnormalities

My Kulu has a birthmark on his maleness too. Moles I'm not to familiar with. Of the chins I know of that have had tumors it is accompanied by other more serious symptoms. But as I always say, if in doubt, see a vet. The only way to know with any degree of certainty to get a biopsy. Unless it's a nipple. Then it would certainly be normal.

God bless.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up