Author Topic: vocals  (Read 1025 times)

GirlEastoftheRhine

• just a girl, in luv with her chin !
  • Appreciation points: 1
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
vocals
« on: March 26, 2017, 07:19:21 PM »

sooo. Mira has become very vocal.. like a Guinea pig noise type sound and Dove responds in kind, but Mira is more vocal, and for longer periods. its definitely not barking but I just wanna make sure its a "happy" noise yaknow ...

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: vocals
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 02:24:50 PM »

Can't always tell with chinchillas. They are capable of making a wide range of sounds and with pets they are going to pick up habits from other chins and even human interaction. The best thing to do is observe what your chin is doing at the time of the sound and see what it's associating with its sounds.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

GirlEastoftheRhine

• just a girl, in luv with her chin !
  • Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 06:05:54 PM »

Its mostly when my 8yr old an I take dove and Mira into the bathroom for playtime, we do this , or try to, every mon-wed-fri for at least an hour and they seem like they are talking to each other maybe? Dove was actually sitting with my daughter , looking at her an making the guinea pig noise (dove is my daughters) and she was so excited to have þat connection, I'm just trying to make sure its a happy one. It definitely was not barking and didn't sound like it was upset. Being a first time chinnie mom, I just want them to be happy! oh ohh, on a happy note, the new corner ledges and funramp ledge came in today! Hopefully installing them this weekend 😊

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 08:44:14 AM »

Sounds like fun. Chinchillas can be different so just observe the context of the noise and that will help you understand it better.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

mb30

• Appreciation points: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 10:20:03 AM »

Generally speaking, if they are making soft beeps while out of the cage it can mean they are content. It can also mean they are sending out contact calls.
Gray is right though, they can make a large array of sounds.
I have two females that are usually pretty quiet but then I have a boy who won't ever shut up when he's out and about haha.
Pages: [1]   Go Up