Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are my chinchillasreally pregnant?  (Read 998 times)

Toyger

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: 3 boys, 2 pregnant girls (rescues)
    • View Profile
Are my chinchillasreally pregnant?
« on: December 27, 2016, 05:45:52 AM »

I recieved two female rescues a month back, and was told they had lived with a male so they are pribably pregnant. The male had been removed about two months back, thus now about three months ago minimum (they lived with him full time). I can not tell by their weight, but it has gone up slightly. I can't feel any movement in their bellieswhen resting my fingers there. I haven't seen any signs, other than this:

I can find their titts, takes me only a second. They are easy to find and elongated on both, I read this is a "sure sign" and they are "virtually impossible to find" when not pregnant.

Is this sign enough to know for sure, is it that safe a sign? I'm keeping them separated in child safe cages untill enough time has passed to know for sure, but so far no other sign and acording to time they should be close.

Are there other signs to look for? They have not been sleeping more, on their side, nor eating or behaving any different (though I've only had them for a month so changes are hard to tell)
My babies:
5 Chinchillas
2 Cats
2 Gerbils
1 Mouse
All the love

BLS Chins

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 103
  • # of Chins: 35ish
    • View Profile
    • BLS Chins
Re: Are my chinchillasreally pregnant?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 06:22:33 PM »

There is no way to know for sure unless you feel kits kicking or see kits in the cage. Even after breeding 9 yrs i still get a surprise litter from time to time
BLS Chins
Hobby breeder and rescue in south central pa
specializing in ebony, tan, goldbar, standard and black velvets
Pages: [1]   Go Up