Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinchilla licking her self  (Read 1075 times)

LindaKat

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Chinchilla licking her self
« on: December 02, 2016, 05:57:53 PM »

I have one chinchilla her name is Linda I got her in February back then she was 6 months old. I took her to the vet around the end of February. My next visit should be the coming February. My question is that today she got wet by her drinking water. When I saw this morning g it wasn't leaking much so I thought I would go get her a new one after work when I got back I saw she was wet in the Bottom. I left her dusk bath in her cage so her fur would get back to normal. At this point her fur is normal but she keeps licking her lady parts and I'm not sure if I should be worried. She usually does this but not to the extent to make her tail wet so I'm starting to get a little worried. If this has happened to anyone of you could you let me know if I should be worried or if it's normal?

BLS Chins

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 103
  • # of Chins: 35ish
    • View Profile
    • BLS Chins
Re: Chinchilla licking her self
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 10:11:41 AM »

Dampness by her vaginal area can be a sign of her cycling. If there is an odor or color to the discharge then i would be concerned. Is her chin wet as well?
Honestly a yearly vet visit is a waste of your money. Its extremely stressful to your chin which in its self can lead to issues (stasis, bloat, parasites, upper resp...). Chins should only leave the house on an as needed basis.
BLS Chins
Hobby breeder and rescue in south central pa
specializing in ebony, tan, goldbar, standard and black velvets
Pages: [1]   Go Up