Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Russian chinchillas husbandry "Angora Hit"  (Read 3561 times)

MariaSelena

• Appreciation points: 3
  • # of Chins: 30+
    • View Profile
Russian chinchillas husbandry "Angora Hit"
« on: August 22, 2016, 06:28:36 AM »

Hi, everybody!
My name is Maria. I'm a young breeder from Russia(Moscow). I'm so glad to take a part in the international chinchilla community and I hope to share my experience, ups and downs, excitements with you and maybe even find new friends! In my opinion, it's very interesting and important for chinchilla selection to support international breeding association.
My story of "chinchillamania" had been started, when I was 14. I have always loved animals( I rode a horse, we had 2 dogs and a hamster at home), and I really wanted to became an animal breeder in future! (I wanted to breed hedgehogs and guinea pigs) but I wanted to find a "perfect pet", that I can keep and take care of it by myself. "What I would like to find in my perfect pet?" - I thought. It should have a long lifespan, it mustn't be stinky, it must be very beautiful and entertaining...so, it's good to compare my "list of requirements" with a popular song "everything at once": "As sly as a fox, as strong as an ox..."  rofl
 Than, I was very close to make a choice... surfing the net, I had found a Royal Persian Angora chinchilla! You even can't imagine, how excited I was! Of course, I was a little bit frustrated, when I saw its price...but it became my dream! You can condemn me for it, but I'm absolutely convinced, that top-quality RPA has no analogues in the chinchillas world! It's a real Royal breed.
So...dreams come true. Some years later, my mother gave me my first chinchilla as a present. It was a white Wilson RPA female Selena! This amazing girl with look of queen and behavior of Hollywood star had stolen a way into our hearts! I understood, that it's not enough to have only one chinchilla!
 The name of our chinchillas husbandry is "Angora Hit". We created it by chance, using the name of top-quality dressage horse Sandro Hit.  :::grins:: Now, all our babies have a prefix "Hit" in their names.
  I have 38 chinchillas now, but their quantity changes according to new babies' birth and selling.
In the beginning of my topic, I'd like to meet you with my first love - Selena, that opened a gorgeous chinchillas world for me!
P.S. Excuse me for grammar mistakes, because, as you can suppose, I'm not a native english speaker.  :)

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Russian chinchillas husbandry "Angora Hit"
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 07:44:19 AM »

Welcome to our boards. We'd love to hear what you have to share.

Although I do not have the facilities or the finances to breed at this point I would if I could. Otherwise your story is very similar to mine.
Chinchillas are easy to take care of once everything is set up and there is little to no odor if you take proper care of the cage.
But I'm sure you know that the needs of chinchillas are very specific. If you get their diet wrong, feed them too many treats, allow them to chew or consume things that are unsafe for them it gets very complicated very quickly. That is where most of the discussion tends to be centered here.

And breeders should be breeding for quality of genetics and breed exclusively chinchillas that are healthy. A reputable breeder will remove chinchillas from their line even if particular defects are detected in their kits. An no one should ever breed chinchillas that have no pedigree or records from their breeder. Breeders do not have a central registry but they have internal records if they care about the quality of their chinchillas. Many pet owners come here and ask about breeding when they shouldn't be. So that is an area of discussion you'll see here as well.

And your English here is better than many native English speakers on the Internet. Good job.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

MariaSelena

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 12:35:38 PM »

Thank you. :) Of course, chinchillas have their specific needs and requirements, as all animals. Especially, if you're going to be a breeder...but anyway, these rodents give us much more, than we can suggest them.:)

So, this topic would be my "shelter's diary", where I will tell you about my chinchillas and discuss their quality with experienced breeders and experts all over the world.

Of course, it would be unfair, if I will forgot about my first baby, violet  RPA and sapphire carrier Avanti Hit, that was born on our farm 31-08-15.
Father: blue diamond male Dream Boy; Mother: Selena, white Wilson, RPA, 100% violet carrier;
Now, Avanti is going to be a father, (his wife is a sapphire RPA, that was imported from Belgium, the breeder is a Dany Cornet)  and I hope, that I will show you his children in the end of October. :)

Two baby photos and two adult photos.  :blush2:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:22:43 PM by MariaSelena »

MariaSelena

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 12:45:18 PM »

Then, before I will show you our second baby, I'd like to meet you with his father  - blue diamond male Jess. I'm very thankful to his breeder Nancy(the Netherlands,  "Chinchillaland")
Jesse's age is 1 year and 4 months, and his weight is 730 gr. The guy is very kind, inquisitive and a big eat-lover!  rofl

MariaSelena

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 01:32:59 PM »

And this is a Jess's son - Be Hit. :) Mother: violet RPA, 67% sapphier carrier.
 The boy is  5 months old, but his weight is 580 gr. We are growing so quickly. :blush2:

MariaSelena

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 01:34:39 PM »

Of course, it's not all our babies, I will continue my "glory list", if it would be inreresting for forum visitors.  :) See you soon!

GrayRodent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 09:26:55 PM »

Thanks for sharing. If anything I enjoyed it!
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

MariaSelena

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 11:02:06 PM »

I'm so glad to meet you with our pretty boy! (He is for sale)

Grady Hit
30-05-2016 DOB
Ebony extra dark velvet male, RPAc and violet carrier

Mother: Dark ebony RPA
Father: Violet ebony extra dark velvet

Contact us:

email:  angorahit@mail.ru
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 11:28:27 PM by MariaSelena »

MariaSelena

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 11:09:31 PM »

What about a character...

The boy is kind, inquisitive and communicative. Maybe, he is deft and bright more, than enough, but he is a chinchilla, so, it can be excused.  :::grins::
I hope, that he would be not just a prospective male for breeding and show, but an attractive, lovely friend for his future family!

GrayRodent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 01:51:42 PM »

Very nice chinchilla. Definitely has the angora gene.

MariaSelena

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 10:46:14 PM »

Thank you!  :blush2: I hope, that he will find the best mother in world!  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up