Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASAP!  (Read 1591 times)

chinchillalover101

• Appreciation points: 1
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
ASAP!
« on: August 17, 2016, 06:41:51 PM »

So tomorrow I'm moving my sister into college and I'm going to be Away for 3 days. I have a pet sitter coming who lets my dog outside and feeds my cats and cleans up after everyone. She's feeding my parrot and also chinchillas. I want to leave a note on what to do with my chinchillas. She's not going to play with them(which I feel really bad about) but there's nothing I can do. All she really needs to do is refill their hay and give them treats. However, I just don't know what to say!

BLS Chins

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 103
  • # of Chins: 35ish
    • View Profile
    • BLS Chins
Re: ASAP!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 08:08:48 PM »

Make it as simple as possible. Pellets, hay and water only. Do not allow them to give treats. Pet sitters have been known to give too many which can lead to bloat or stasis. Your chin will be fine without play time
BLS Chins
Hobby breeder and rescue in south central pa
specializing in ebony, tan, goldbar, standard and black velvets

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: ASAP!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 09:27:07 AM »

Like Brea says, don't give them treats. Don't let them come out of the cage unless you're around. (However I recommend demonstrating how to properly handle them if there is an emergency. Pets have been injured and killed by pet sitters who don't know how to properly handle them or deal with escapes.) Of course make sure your air conditioner and temperature is highly controlled and that there is no way your chins or your parrot could be exposed to direct sunlight from a closeby window at any time of the day. Don't feel too bad. Chinchillas usually like to be left alone. Parrots on the other hand not so much. I recommend having a radio or TV playing softly in the background.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up