Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! - Chinchilla ate Barbie's foot  (Read 991 times)

chinchillalover101

• Appreciation points: 1
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
Help! - Chinchilla ate Barbie's foot
« on: August 15, 2016, 11:13:37 PM »

So my chinchilla has somehow got a hold of a Barbie doll. She ate the foot off of it. The foot was rubber and it's not in her cage. I don't know what to do I can't bring her to the vet
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 09:25:35 AM by GrayRodent »

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 09:17:22 AM »

I recommend you clean the cage and get all of the droppings out of it. Put about a day's worth of pelleted diet in the cage (About a handful) and monitor your chinchilla's fecal output. Also check for any changes in behavior. I recommend giving your pet a dust bath as well today and tomorrow and monitor your pet's health this way for the next three days. If there are any symptoms, smaller than normal fecal output, not eating, depression, agitation, etc. go the vet. That is what I would do.

However with that being said it is your pet and if you think it needs to go to the vet do not hesitate to take it in. If you don't have access to an emergency vet with 24 hour care you may need to take it and get what you need if symptoms might occur.

I also recommend calling your regular vet and talking to them about it. There's no guarantees there will be problems, and certainly no guarantees there won't be.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up