Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It came, it came!!  (Read 1849 times)

IkiKolohe

• Appreciation points: 4
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Noble Born Chinchillas
It came, it came!!
« on: August 03, 2016, 09:35:07 PM »

Aloha!!

Guess what??  I'm so excited!  My CritterNation came today!!!!!!

The 2 add-ons are coming separately.  I was going to set up the bottom level first, but then it dawned on me, they like higher so I'm gonna set up the TOP level for them to start with. 

I may not sleep tonight, but just lay here and drool over my latest pictures of Joey & Kira and my CN box leaning against my dresser.  I'll have to really work to keep my OCD from ripping the box open and putting it together!!  Which the biggest problem with that is I haven't snitched a rubber mallet from my dads workshop yet, heh!

6 more weeks!  I can do this!!

Mahalo for letting me share my excitement with you!
Tina

Tina, Noble Born Chinchillas
Mom to...

Joey (Standard Sc 50% RPAc)
and
Kira (Dark Ebony)

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: It came, it came!!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 09:58:09 PM »

Sounds like fun. I recommend getting some help to build it though and the CN cage will be heavier.
With my FN cage I had an issue with some plastic doodads on the ends of the bars that turned out to be packing material. Beware of that and save yourself a serious headache if CN does that too.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

IkiKolohe

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
    • Noble Born Chinchillas
Re: It came, it came!!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 04:01:30 AM »

Sounds like fun. I recommend getting some help to build it though and the CN cage will be heavier.
With my FN cage I had an issue with some plastic doodads on the ends of the bars that turned out to be packing material. Beware of that and save yourself a serious headache if CN does that too.

Mahalo!!  My breeder actually has a video on YouTube with her putting together a CN by herself so I know it can be done (course I'm thinking she has quite a few she's put together before... But I'm sure my daughter will help me - we're pretty crafty women!! :)

I was shocked, however, with how heavy that box is... Fort Knox, chinchilla-style!!  Thank the Lord for tile and wood floors, I was able to slide it across the back hallway and into my room!

Tina, Noble Born Chinchillas
Mom to...

Joey (Standard Sc 50% RPAc)
and
Kira (Dark Ebony)
Pages: [1]   Go Up