Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chin Intestinal concern?  (Read 829 times)

tanelson

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Chin Intestinal concern?
« on: April 25, 2016, 08:56:03 AM »

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone could identify if the following is dried diarrhea or anything worrisome I should consider taking my chin to a vet for very soon, thank you. I've only seen this once previously and it's very much stuck to the bowl stronger then anything I wouldn't consider to be a result of her diet. Last time I saw this was after she had had a goji berry and I had given her another 2 days ago so I'm starting to think that it could potentially be an allergy or something. Any ideas would be great before I consider taking her in to see a vet. Thank you all in advance.

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Chin Intestinal concern?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 09:22:24 AM »

This looks like crumbled chinchilla pellets that have gotten wet, perhaps urinated on or had water dripped into it from the waterer. There seems to be feces on it that looks normal to me. Are the feces in the cage otherwise normal? Also if there is diarrhea you can expect the fur under the tail to be very stained and the shelving in the cage as well.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

tanelson

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chin Intestinal concern?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 09:35:09 AM »

The water bottle I have is on the opposite side of the cage from her so I'm assuming maybe she just peed on them and stepped all over them? Else where it seems normal so perhaps it's not my worst concerns. She seems happy otherwise. I checked under her tail and saw no difference or felt any different so I believe you're probably spot on.

Thank you a bunch.   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up