Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What room to house chins in  (Read 775 times)

Herbert

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
What room to house chins in
« on: February 22, 2016, 06:38:10 AM »

Hi,

I just have a general question as to where people house their chins within their homes. 

Right now I have mine in the room across from my bedroom but I have been thinking a lot about moving them into my room as I don't spend as much time as I would like to with them I do spend an hour a day with them but I want to be with them more.  Id like to be able to spend more time with them by having them in my room, rather than just sitting on the floor in front of their cage in the room they're in now,  anyone have them in their room?

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: What room to house chins in
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 07:28:54 AM »

I have mine in my room right next to my computer desk where I spend a lot of time. They do tend to sleep during the day but because I handle them so often they don't sleep as heavily as they once did and they like the interaction when I periodically get up to take breaks or walk around. One chinchilla will sit with me and pretty much stay put while I'm working.

Nighttime is difficult though because they will be awake late, sleep a while, then be up right before sunrise and they like to chew and make a lot of noise. I wear ear plugs to bed and put pillows over my head and sometimes it is not enough. I'm a light sleeper and sensitive to noise but it's not like they keep me up all night every night. I think it's worth it. If it were possible I'd have a daytime and nighttime cage for them. I tried that once before and it worked quite well but you do have to be careful of stress if you experiment with that.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

Pookins4

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:32:49 PM »

When I first got mine I kept them in my room but they woke me up all the time at night, I then moved them to my living room and it's a great spot for them! I'm in the living room the most so I can always spend time with them.

Rachael29

• Appreciation points: 4
  • # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 05:38:56 PM »

I have 2 of my chinchillas in my spare room and it is their room I have a radio in there for them as we are not in that room as often. I let those 2 out and love play time when I come and see them for an hour or so. my other 2 chins are in the living room my husband is usually in so they are used to him more than me.
Coco and Shadow. Onyx and Spyro <3
Pages: [1]   Go Up