Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 1773 times)

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Merry Christmas
« on: December 25, 2014, 07:53:46 AM »

MERRY CHRISTMAS

In spite of the continuing onslaught of liberal Bible scholarship that wishes to discredit the Word of God, the Bible remains indestructible in the light of the philosophical, scientific, and anthropological facts that not only surround its history but support its authenticity. While skeptics and entertainers compare it to fairy tales and spin their own sensationalistic conspiracy theories, just a cursory examination of fact reveals just how shameful and groundless they are.

Even today we commemorate the very incarnation of the eternal God who healed the sick, subdued nature, fulfilled ancient prophecy from years before, and raised Himself from the dead. The writings and testimony of the people that surrounded Him have been circulated and preserved for thousands of years and from them we learn of this One called Jesus who came to save people from the condemnation that is owed to all of us. He brings hope to a world that is not at peace with each other, much less, at peace with God. It blows my mind how the Creator would ever enter into His creation to freely give his life in the most humiliating circumstances. May our thoughts be set on Him this Christmas not as a baby in a major but the reigning King who will return to consummate His kingdom in power and glory, and the One, who alone is worthy of our devotion and unwavering trust.

Isaiah 9
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and of peace
there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
to establish it and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 07:57:25 AM by GrayRodent »
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 08:38:22 PM »

Speaking of the liberal conspiracy theorists that have not a clue I came across this article today. I wish I knew about it earlier. If you're going to survive in the American academic environment here is further proof that we must question everything:
http://www.aomin.org/aoblog/index.php/2015/01/16/kurt-eichenwald-unrepentingly-ignorant-and-proud-of-it/
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up