Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me about Ralgro product?  (Read 1732 times)

beli_pa

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1000
    • View Profile
Please help me about Ralgro product?
« on: November 06, 2015, 03:51:05 PM »

Hello guys,

My name is Slobodan Jevtic, international student, currently studying in Missouri Valley College, MO. My good friend from Serbia raise chinchillas because of their fur. He heard that Ralgro product helps a lot related to chinchillas fur. In Serbia not many people use that product, and my friend has never used something related to that product. The minority of people that use that product does not want to tell us how to use Ralgro product, so my friend asked me to ask someone who is already using it and to explain me a little bit more about it. I found this forum and i hope someone will be help me and explain me little bit how to use this product.
So please someone could be explain me how to use Ralgro product, what dose of the product I need to use, where to inject it, how old does the chinchilla need to be, what size of a needle is adequate for them, and I would appreciate if someone could send me some video, related to that product, because that would help my friend a lot.

I would like to thank.
Best regards,

Slobodan Jevtic

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Please help me about Ralgro product?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 08:19:46 PM »

I don't know personally but I'm going to notify some of my friends who might know more about this. I strongly recommend contacting the Empress Chinchilla Breeders Cooperative if you have not already and see if you can talk directly to Maxine Lynch. That is probably going to be your best contact.  We do have some large breeders that visit here. You may consider talking to a representative of the manufacturer of the product. As far as instructions for injection of any product I recommend seeing a veterinarian or experienced technician in person who can properly demonstrate proper technique. Thank you for your interest in the Chinchilla Club forum.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

SydChilla

• Chinchillas.org
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 50
  • # of Chins: 75
  • SydChilla Chinchillas
    • View Profile
    • SydChilla Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 08:33:37 PM »

I haven't heard about Ralgro in a long time, it's very bad stuff. From what I heard it makes the chins grow very fast and makes their fur prime quickly. This product is very unhealthy for chins and I'm pretty sure no one uses it in the US.
There are no stupid questions.

BLS Chins

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 103
  • # of Chins: 35ish
    • View Profile
    • BLS Chins
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 09:36:59 PM »

Ralgro is a steroid and should not be used in chinchillas. It does make the animals grow and mature much faster than normal but also causes stillborns, liver/kidney problems and infertility. Its not advised to use any medication on an animal thats not necessary. A well bred chinchilla will grow to full pelting size quick enough. No breeders in the US use that medications and if they do its not legal by showing standards.... i would think twice before using it
BLS Chins
Hobby breeder and rescue in south central pa
specializing in ebony, tan, goldbar, standard and black velvets
Pages: [1]   Go Up