Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Introduction Problems  (Read 710 times)

Mannybilly1030

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
Introduction Problems
« on: April 07, 2015, 12:55:45 AM »

Now that my chins are back to normal health i wanted all 3 to start there bonding, well all that happened was the smaller one (chico) kepts chasing one of my older chins (chonchi) my other chin (chachi) doesnt mind him unless chico picks at him which was whatever between them the smell each other but dont really care that there both there. But there was alot of chasing and some mounting and some fur slips. It looks a bit better then when i first tried introducing all 3  since they actually tried fighting. This time there were no signs of fighting but alot of chasing, mounting and plopping everywhere. I really would like them to get along, if its not possible would you suggest me getting chicos other siblings? The breeder i got him from still has his siblings, he said he would give me one of the parents since there a retired breeding pair but i also suggested a sibing better, chico and his brothers and only sister where sharing a cage total of 3 boys including and the sister. I really would not want them hating each other since chico does look sad alone in his cage, i am not going to consider surrendering him or giving him away since chico doesnt get along with my other chins.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:59:34 AM by Mannybilly1030 »

BLS Chins

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 103
  • # of Chins: 35ish
    • View Profile
    • BLS Chins
Re: Introduction Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 04:02:10 AM »

Some chins are just bullies and are best left alone. They adjust to it in time. If he is fighting with your two he may not even get along with a sibling. Chins don't recognise 'families'. If you do get another chin for him do not get a female. He will need which adds a whole new level of complications for you. Koop working with your chins and do a long slow introduction. How are you getting them used to each other?
BLS Chins
Hobby breeder and rescue in south central pa
specializing in ebony, tan, goldbar, standard and black velvets

Mannybilly1030

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction Problems
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 11:44:06 PM »

Some chins are just bullies and are best left alone. They adjust to it in time. If he is fighting with your two he may not even get along with a sibling. Chins don't recognise 'families'. If you do get another chin for him do not get a female. He will need which adds a whole new level of complications for you. Koop working with your chins and do a long slow introduction. How are you getting them used to each other?

Thank you for responding and i let the baby one out with one of my older ones at once and ever since i can tell it will be a slow process since it takes time for them to fight or start chasing. Before they chased and fought and tried biting each other now if they try they just chase each other. But i let them out of the cage and leave a big plastic bin for them to take a dust bath in together
Pages: [1]   Go Up