Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: By Rodent standards, Popsicle is an electrical engineer.  (Read 612 times)

Jasonred79

• Appreciation points: 24
  • # of Chins: 1
  • human belonging to Popsicle
    • View Profile
By Rodent standards, Popsicle is an electrical engineer.
« on: January 05, 2015, 06:40:32 AM »

OK, Popsicle's daily playtime is a bit long for me, so I often let him do his own thing while I use my computer or Ipad etc.
Unfortunatly, Popsicle hates being ignored during playtime, as I found out, so he was aggressively jumping on my keyboard, chewing wires, etc,  no matter how much I scolded him.
In fact, he's figured out that the WIRES are the weak points, and he is now smart enough to concentrate 1 spot and directly bite the wire in half. He killed 3 mouses in 3 days. (computer mouse wire) Of course he got punished for this.
And we have finally reached an understanding. If I play with him properly, he behaves himself. If I ignore him during playtime and start using electronic devices, he will RUSH to the wires, find a thin one he can bite in half, and outright snap the wire.
Yeah, he's worked out "wire = important part of electronic device". Man...

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: By Rodent standards, Popsicle is an electrical engineer.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 07:39:34 AM »

That's awesome. Sounds like you should get a wireless keyboard and mouse!
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

Jasonred79

• Appreciation points: 24
  • # of Chins: 1
  • human belonging to Popsicle
    • View Profile
Re: By Rodent standards, Popsicle is an electrical engineer.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 01:17:40 PM »

He's figured out that if he goes after ANY electrical wires he can get me to throw a fit.
It was a bit of a surprise the first time when I was using my mouse and then suddenly the mouse pointer stopped moving lol.
Anyhow, as I said, he does it purely to punish me for giving my attention to the computer during his playtime, he doesn't bite them nowadays since I play continuously with him during playtime. ... he DEFINITELY knows what he's doing... once or twice is coincidence, but his reaction is pretty much immediate and 100% consistent, so there's no mistaking that he's doing it on purpose...
Pages: [1]   Go Up