Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chin family in Western WA need a new home!  (Read 2966 times)

OlympiaChinchilla

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 3
    • View Profile
Chin family in Western WA need a new home!
« on: December 14, 2014, 10:42:33 PM »

Hello, we have a small Chin family with a Dad and Mom that need a new home.  They can NOT be separated.  The baby, his name is "Squeeks" will be going to another chin home.  They are approximately 2 1/2 years old, both very sweet and have been socialized with people their whole lives.  They live in a large 6ft tall cage with a flying saucer wheel that can go with them to their new home.  My wife and I will not let them go to anyone.  The new home should have current or previous Chin care experience.  NO BREEDERS! We are asking a rehoming fee of $75 for the Dad, Mom, and their cage to ensure we only get serious inquiries.  We are located in Olympia, WA.  Please message me if you are interested or have any questions.  Thanks!

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Chin family in Western WA need a new home!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 07:41:33 AM »

Hate to say this but if you have both together in the same cage whoever gets them will automatically become a breeder.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

OlympiaChinchilla

• # of Chins: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:41:25 PM »

Hate to say this but if you have both together in the same cage whoever gets them will automatically become a breeder.

Forgot to mention that the Dad will be getting neutered by a specialized vet.  The $75 can be refunded if the new parents want to take him to their own vet.  Thanks!

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 08:25:10 PM »

If you have him neutered please consider surgical recovery can take over a month and usually requires intensive care and careful monitoring. Please do not try to exchange owners until 3 weeks after the surgery or your pet has recovered. I know of 3 chins on the boards that have been neutered. 1 died, the other 2 had digestive issues that took weeks to reverse as well as multiple vet visits. In one case they almost lost their chin 2 weeks in and there were no warning signs other than sudden anorexia. Neutering chinchillas can be very challenging even when the surgery is done right.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 08:30:13 PM by GrayRodent »
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

sirvin15

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 10:30:35 PM »

Where are you in Washington?  Please don't neuter him.  You're risking his life.  I'll take them both.  I am a breeder, deal with it.  I can deal with anything, been doing it for 20 years.  They'll be taken care of here and loved, very much.  Not like other breeders.  We have large cages for pairs, hand feed our kits when necessary.  What else can I tell you?  You'll need to bring them to us though.  No payments, just love. 

Rodneylover908

• # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 11:23:54 AM »

OH MY!!!!! I wish i had the money!!! i would take them in no problem!!!! i have a baby boy named rodney hes about oneand id do anything to take care of him. If you ever need a fall back plan I AM HERE FOR THE CHINS!!!! *P.S they are so freaking cute!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up