Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Call for content  (Read 1904 times)

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Call for content
« on: November 02, 2014, 07:57:35 AM »

We are refurbishing Chinchillas.org, the Chinchilla Club, Virtual Chinchillas, and the Chinchilla Breeders Organization, and Chinchilla Magazine websites.

We maintain a repository of articles on every aspect of chinchillas as we can and would like to have the latest in scientific research and legal aspects of chinchilla ownership. If you have any articles that we can host our site, that you would like to write, or that you would like me to read and comment on, please e-mail me and I'll see what I can do. Not all articles submitted may be published. Content outside of this forum will be posted at my sole discretion. Controversial topics will be covered as objectively as possible with the aim of sharing information useful to pet owners and chinchilla breeders. I want to take advantage of the overlap of knowledge between industries regardless of the controversy of using animals for fur or science. There is much that can be learned.
As always we aim to be professional and family friendly. We also respect copyrights.

This includes information on:
-Best practices for caring for pets
-Common chinchilla diseases and ailments prevention and cures
-Case studies of your chinchilla experiences
-Best practices for breeding chinchillas
-Chinchilla shows best practices, tips, etc.
-Chinchillas shows in your area.
-Chinchillas in agriculture and fur production
-Chinchillas in scientific research
-Animal rights and legal restrictions on pet ownership (effecting chinchilla breeders and owners)
-Chinchilla genetics
-Chinchilla products, cages, food, and accessories.
-Whatever else that you may think is of interest to anyone who breeds or keeps chinchillas.

Chinchillas.org is your community. Its success relies on your participation.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
Re: Call for content
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 08:45:34 AM »

i think they are all great subjects. 

if i may add my 2cents, if i may suggest, stressing the dangers of breeding to people that just "do it" would be a great choice. i have seen so many time people just toss two chins together and when i try to explain to them how bad that is, i have heard "well how else do you learn".  :doh:  at that point, i have walked away because i didnt want it to get heated [not here].  they dont realize that mom has to weigh a certain amount or the kit might not pass, etc etc.. 

jean
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Call for content
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 02:14:52 PM »

The time is coming when we will have a dedicated educational website. I would be glad to include an article like that. You have options. We can interview over the phone and I can put together an article with you. You could write the article and I'll publish it on reference board of our forum. When the chinchillaeducation.com site is up I'll make sure there is a copy of it there and I'll also look into incorporating it into the chinchillla magazine which will be redesigned to be search engine optimized next year I pray. Another option is to locate an article on the topic and I can look into obtaining permission to publish it.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up