Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Several nice advantages to having your chin cage in your bedroom  (Read 516 times)

Jasonred79

• Appreciation points: 24
  • # of Chins: 1
  • human belonging to Popsicle
    • View Profile
Several nice advantages to having your chin cage in your bedroom
« on: September 16, 2014, 10:02:42 AM »

OK, here's several things I seem to have learnt:

1. Your chin bonds with you faster. Even tons of interaction, he gets used to you pretty fast cause you're sharing living space.

2. Your chin becomes less territorial. You become more of a "family member who lives in the same burrow" rather than "this is my cage, and outside is wilderness.
Popsicle understands that outside the cage is "MY area", and that he's my guest... so, after he gets tired from playing, he goes back to "his area" on his own, he just goes inside his cage when he's done. ... he also doesn't come out of his cage unless I "invite" him, even if I open the cage door and back off, he will wait for me to insert my hand, then hop on it. (but then he immediately bolts off to play hide and seek)

3. Your chin gets less lonely and less bored! ... not so important if you keep a pair or family of chins, but pretty important when it's just 1 guy by himself.

4. Your chin will start thinking of you as "fun" and "interesting"... because you are his source of stimulation and entertainment. This is nice, as people with kids will tell you, being the "fun" parent instead of the "strict, boring" parent feels good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up