Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new chin and old chin trouble  (Read 1490 times)

andatodoran

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: two
    • View Profile
new chin and old chin trouble
« on: May 16, 2014, 03:09:33 PM »

Hello there.. So I just got a new chinchilla from a breader who wanted to get rid of her because she didn't have any babies and she was already 2 yo. Named her Kina. Got her home, put her in her new cage and the problem I have is that she keeps barking very loudly and Casper, my 8 months chin which i've had for 4 months is now acting weird. I keep them in different rooms but the noise gets trough and he just is soooo nervous. I opened his cage and he jumped straight in my arms- and he hates being handled or held- and then straight under the wardrobe. We have a very strong bond and I really want to know what could i do for him to adapt to the new chin. All the sites talk about how to make the new chin at home but none about how to help your first pet adapt to the change. Now he started barking from my room and it's like they are communicating... He only barked twice since I got him, the first two nights he's been here.

Jasonred79

• Appreciation points: 24
  • # of Chins: 1
  • human belonging to Popsicle
    • View Profile
Re: new chin and old chin trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 03:42:51 AM »

huh. maybe he's jealous, scared that his position is being usurped? No idea.
Maybe you should let them get used to each other, put their cages 1-2 feet away for an hour or two every day, see how they react to that?
... Is your old chin male? If she's in heat, unusual behaviour wouldn't be unlikely....

andatodoran

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 09:20:13 AM »

Yeah I guess he was a little jealous.
However, I am super glad to announce you that now they're best friends and get along super good :::grins::. They spent time in the same room, then i let them play together and now they sometimes share the cage. Since she can't have babies, i let them share the cage but i haven't notice any weird behavior. Kina's a sweet pie,we still have a lot to work on but they're both cool :)

here are some pics, the one on my shoulder is Casper ( people love calling him Stitch, tho, and me Lilo because we're inseparable) and the sweet lady is Kina.

Jasonred79

• Appreciation points: 24
  • # of Chins: 1
  • human belonging to Popsicle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 08:58:26 AM »

SQUEEK!!!! Mummy, don't hug me so much, I'm a big boy already! Squeek!

... what??? I have a rival for my affections??? MUMMY, I WANT A HUG!!! SQUEEK!!! ... I'm your favourite, right??? RIGHT???

lol.

kids.

andatodoran

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 05:52:00 AM »

Hahahhaha!!! Exactly!!! He's now such a hugger haha. I looove them so so much!  :) it's so cool to see how they do have personalities and they're so mischievous :p
Pages: [1]   Go Up