Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matting fur  (Read 836 times)

En.jay

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
Matting fur
« on: May 16, 2014, 06:00:17 AM »

I know there's probably already a post about this but I can't find it. I took my male, female and kit to a neutral location (my bedroom) and let them play to see how they would react to eachother after being separated now for 4 weeks (even though their cages are beside eachothers). I let ikr and dad out and they played and had fun and then put kit back and let mom n dad play and it was like they had never been separated. 💜💜loved it. But I noticed that my male has a small area of fur behind his left foot that is matted......and I'm not sure why? Or what to do?
~*En💜Jay*~

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: Matting fur
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 07:03:48 AM »

If it's just in that one spot you probably should check your water bottle to see if it is leaking. Sometimes my chinchilla will sleep next to the water nozzle, pushing against it, and get spots like that. Usually they'll come out in the dust bath. If they're really bad I'll tease them out with my fingers. Also check the area and make sure the skin appears otherwise normal just in case it may be caused by seeping from a cut.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

En.jay

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Matting fur
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:33:50 AM »

Thanks! I pretty sure it's the water bottle because he is always moving his house and it always ends up close to the water. I checked and he has no cuts anywhere. Thanks!!
~*En💜Jay*~
Pages: [1]   Go Up