Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What a time of it!!!!  (Read 2955 times)

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
What a time of it!!!!
« on: July 28, 2007, 09:34:08 AM »

Lots been going on with me this summer, and trying to enjoy some of what little summer we get.
Calls for 31 Celsius today, about 85 F,we rarely see that.
 Our antiques business is not doing well, and the stress of it all has aggravated a heart problem with Hubby.A minor infraction but he still had to take a few weeks off to recover.
So with slow sales he had to take it easy for a few weeks, no refinishing even. That isn't helping the cause of his attack in the first place.
I've had a full time job trying to keep him from having a full blow heart attack.
I've been doing garage/yard sales to pick up some extra cash on the week ends.
Also my Grandmother who will be 97 soon is having some problems and it look like she's doing her last year with us.
I'm sure she was waiting for Mom to come from Florida and Laura to get out with the baby.
She seems so content to "go home" now.
And I lost one of my breeders to malocclusion, and yes I purchased from a good breeder with full pedigree.
She is Dakota's Mother so I have to believe it's genetic.
He was the big tov homo that had seizures last summer and needed 2 trims. He hasn't needed one since, but with both turning up I have to go with genetics on this one. ::cry222:::
I had the Mom put down but will wait for Dakota to get sick.
I also have another standard male from her, a pet, and have sold about six from the same pair. ::scaredspeachless::
The thought of them suffering in their new homes make me ill, though I have called the owners and told them what to watch for.
I have loads of family coming home now to see Grandmother.She got to cut a cake for the Seniors home 40th anniversary as the oldest resident this week. Her pic in the local paper and all. Nice ending I figure. ::wub::
We did get our picture of the five generations ::kiss99::
And Colby is the bestest, he's 5.5 months now, sitting and starting to crawl, albeit backwards ;D
He's his Nanny's big boy now at 22 pounds, and eats like a trooper.
Sharing the five generations ::nod::
Debbie.nl.ca

Jenova

• Appreciation points: 6
  • Cheech ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: What a time of it!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 03:09:22 PM »

I wish you all the best with your business and for your husband and grandmother. Times of financial difficulty are always stressful. We've been going through one too so I can sympathise to some extent. Have faith that all things turn out right in the end.

As for the chins I think you did the best you could do hopefully it's just coincidence and the babies will live long and healthy lives.

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 09:17:59 AM »

Hi Debbie,
I am so sorry you are having so much all at once.  I am going through some similar hard times here and as a result I have had to put my chinchilla herd up for sale.  It was so hard for me the first time I had to do it and I swore that I would never do it again and yet here I am. But it has been ten great years of my life.

I love the picture, thanks for sharing.  I know you will treasure that forever.

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

mikasauntie

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 03:59:02 PM »

You're both so giving on this board!  I hope things work themselves out soon for you both.

KB
KB

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 12:38:26 AM »

Awww thanks folks.... :blush2:
Geez Jamie ::cry222:::
But what do ya do?????? ::think::
I have drummed up some business with the garage sales, and got rid of some of the junky stuff like old glass and china.
Moving to the out skirts seemed like a good idea at the time. 9 year ago things where just starting to get built up in the area, some 2000 new homes. Seems like the young people buying them have every cent sunk, so they opt for "no payments no interest for 3-5 years".They have too, and as a small ma & pa cash and carry business we can't compete.
That and the lack of money being circulated. We sure lost out with the seal fishery this year, and the closure of several more fish plants, that many more just don't have the money to spend.
Seems to be the trend in many places, for what ever each-es reasons. It sucks. ::tickedoff::
And just as I think it can't get any worse it does. I'm a true example of " if it wasn't for bad luck ......"! :D
Ya gotta laugh at it ::)
Colby is my silver lining. Time flies when he's here, and every day is someting new.
He did another imitation yesterday, a cough ;D, ask him if he has a cough and he'll choke one out.
He tries to clap but he just can't reach.
Can he ever get nasty when he doesn't get his own way, amazing how young they get attitude. :D
 :hugs: for Jamie
All of them :blush2:
Debbie.nl.ca

Sweetnessheart

• Appreciation points: 7
    • View Profile
    • 4 J's Plantation
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 07:29:05 AM »

Debbie,

I love the picture!  It is good of all of you...a real treasure!

I hope things turn around for your family.  I think there must be something in the water or air.  For over a year now my family has had financial problems.  Our computer business lost our biggest contract and we virtually went from good money to nothing.  But We muttle through.  That's all that one can do!  You just have to stay strong for each other!  And be creative in ways to make money.  Garage sales are a good way!  We always can find something around the house to sell.  One's man's junk is another man's treasure!

I know Colby is your silver lining.  Children can make you smile and have the warm fuzzies even when you are having your worst day!  A little hug goes a long way!

Take care of yourself and remember that your chinchilla family is here for you!

Janice
Janice and Jim
http://www.4jsplantation.com

ECBC V-Pres. - Southeast Unit of Ohio Branch

Summer

• 4everchins
  • Appreciation points: 6
    • View Profile
    • 4everchins
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 08:31:47 AM »

I know what you all mean,it seams like this year every one is have some kind of  financial problems.  I'm having to sale all but two of my goats. I just couldn't part with them. We have had so many vet bills in the last month, over 1,500. Any thing extra I am saleing to try to get some extra money.

:hugs: for every one

Summer

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 05:30:46 AM »

Well we've decided to try and sell our properly here in the boonies and move back where there is more traffic.
Thing is, times are tough all over as we can see, and the selling market is very slow.
We are having an open house on Sunday.
It's such a big house that I'm very worried it will not sell.
That and you can buy brand new for about the same, just a smaller house on a postage stamp piece of land.
We have almost 2 acres, and 2800 square feet of house. Way to much house for 2, even with the animals.
Debbie.nl.ca

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 06:11:51 AM »

I hope it goes well for you.  We have moved twice.  Its always so stressful, but I love to house hunt!

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina
Pages: [1]   Go Up