Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Casper says "Hi" from Romania :)  (Read 1271 times)

andatodoran

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: two
    • View Profile
Casper says "Hi" from Romania :)
« on: March 10, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »

Heeeellooo  :::grins:: I'm Anda, a pround friend of a very energic, friendly and sociable chin, Casper. Got him as a present this Christmas. In less than 3 months, we bonded so well that i cannot believe that what i have is a chin and not a dog! He LOVES scratches, our " fights" where I bump his nose and he'd jump up and down before he'd " attack" me hahaha. As I'm typing he's jumping on the keyboard so I have to write for 5 times the same thing because he's messing it up! We've got a beautiful bond and I love him so, so much!

gasaraki03

• Appreciation points: 6
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Casper says "Hi" from Romania :)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 02:46:13 PM »

Awww cute chinchilla. Welcome

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 05:00:55 PM »

That's great. Welcome to the boards.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

Jasonred79

• Appreciation points: 24
  • # of Chins: 1
  • human belonging to Popsicle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 12:37:24 AM »

Videos! Videos of playtime! And tips on bonding! ;)

andatodoran

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 05:04:37 AM »

Heey, thanks for welcoming us here, we're really greatful for this site and it's been of great help :)

Videos are soon to come ^_^

Well, I'm no expert since I've only had Casper for a few months but there are a few things about which I feel like they helped us bond.
First, music. Music is something we both love. We didn't get off on the right foot - long story- but music realxed him and allowed us to have quality time. He loves Debussy, Beethoven, Bach, Paganini... Guns N'Roses, Queen.. haha. Quite a versatile taste, right?

Something else were the treats- at first raisins but now goji fruits. I only gave him treats in order to educate him and after learning something, I stoped treating him so he'd want to see what else can he do in order to receive them . Apparently, it worked. He goes back to his cage everytime i tap on the door without any problems. He gives kisses and he knows what not to chew on - which is amazing since i study architecture so my house is full of model making materials and papers.

Something I did and i noticed a lot of people advise against is that i let him out of his cage a lot. I let him play even 2-3 hours if i have the time to watch him, and I noticed that this makes him more obedient when it's time to go back to his cage because he knows he'll get plenty of play time the next day..... Maybe this is something that only works for my chinchilla, I don't know, but Casper is happy and this makes me happy :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up