Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My phoebes mouth is wet  (Read 775 times)

Kykybear88

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
My phoebes mouth is wet
« on: October 21, 2013, 09:53:48 PM »

I was giving pheobe and Ursula their food today when I noticed Pheobes mouth to be a little wet on the right side only and it's making me wonder. She's eating just fine and doesn't act like her teeth are bothering her (no pawing at the mouth or anything) so am I over reacting? Could it just be their water bottle? I'm a new chin mom for a little over a month and they aren't to comfortable with me yet to pick them up and exam them. I hope I'm just over reacting lol  ::shrug::

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
Re: My phoebes mouth is wet
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 05:49:42 AM »

Could be dripping from the water bottle. Just check that and make sure it doesn't become a pattern. There are other health conditions that can cause drooling but you'll usually see the fur on under the chin soaked with it and often matted fur on the back from where the animal grooms itself. If you notice any drainage from the eyes or nose you should have her examined by a vet for respiratory infection. Otherwise just one observation isn't something to worry about.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up