Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My best friend :(  (Read 2143 times)

macxhlovessnow

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 1
    • View Profile
My best friend :(
« on: September 08, 2013, 10:38:14 PM »

I want to tell you a story about a girl who was really sad.

She was going through the hardest time she ever had in her life. No one else really knew what was going on with her because she tried to keep it in, but she was dying. She lost everything. Until one day a bright ball of fur came bouncing into her life. He wasn't a dog but he really thought he was- waited for her when she got home and body slammed his cage door in happiness. Sure he was kind of a snob in the beginning and hated her but after a couple of weeks they were inseparable. In her darkest times and when she didn't know what to do she would go to his cage at 4 am and cradle him or cry into his fur or they would just sit there- the girl on the floor and him on her shoulder and stare at each other. And if she was sad he would pretend she was a chinchilla too and try to groom her hair. Then he would look at her like what on earth, why is your fur so long doe? A couple months ago she got him shoulder trained so that she could walk around with him on her shoulder. During playtime he wouldn't even jump off he just stayed on her shoulder and wouldn't move. He loved her and by doing so he saved her life.

On Wednesday September 4 2013, around 11 PM, I was working on a costume for an upcoming event. My uncle was visiting from Australia and my mom was cleaning Snow and Marsha's cages. She let them out into the room we usually let them into, and asked my uncle to watch over them while she cleaned since I was busy. I was really busy the last couple of weeks getting things ready for school as well as costume making (a thing I do) so I hadn't had much time with my chins :( I guess now I blame myself for not having spent more time with Snow in the few weeks before he passed. I was working on my costume when I heard my mom run up the stairs and scream to me that my uncle had stepped on my baby and that she didn't know what to do. She was screaming and crying and saying that there was blood everywhere. I felt my whole body go numb, I ran out of the house and dropped to the floor- unable to breathe. Snow was always very healthy, he never ever had anything wrong with him! It was so unexpected and I couldn't believe it, I was unable to control or comprehend. He died within 10 minutes, I left the house and never came back and I still haven't spoken to my family. I'm angry at everyone including myself, and I have never felt this sadness and pain in my life. Snow is my first lost and he was my best friend, he got me through the hardest time in my life and made me a better person. It's true when they say to love another is to see the face of God- I was happiest in the year that I owned him. We even had the same birthday and celebrated together. I always took good care of him, and I warned everyone to be careful. I never thought this would happen and I blamed myself so much for not holding him when he was bleeding out or right before he died, not being there for him, but I panicked and ran away and let my boyfriend and father take him. I couldn't see him like that, I really wouldn't have been able to handle it. They brought him to the vet where he was announced dead. I went in the morning without my family to see the body and say my farewells. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Snow- you were my best friend and the only thing that got me through everything I was going through. I've never loved an animal as much as I loved you and I have never had a friend as close to me as you. You saw me through the hardest times and made me laugh and learn to be happy again. I loved you, love you and will love you for the rest of my life. I'm sorry that I didn't do anything. It was too soon. Losing you last night made me feel so empty. I'm just so sorry. I'm sorry I didn't stop it, I'm sorry I wasn't there to hold you and tell you that it was going to be alright, the pain was going to be over soon. I'm sorry that I didn't spend more time with you and I didn't put you first. I'm sorry I put my feelings first. I'm sorry that I panicked. I'm sorry that I didn't do more. I'm sorry I never realized how precious our time together was before you were gone. I am happy that we got to spend what we did together, and that you and I had a beautiful relationship. Losing you taught me to never take advantage of the time you have with the one you love.

I miss you Snowball. RIP, I hope that you have all the raisins you could ever want up there.

I'll see you again some day. Best friends for life. Xoxo Mommy.

I hope that you will all understand better than anyone the relationship I had with Snow and why it was so hard, even though he was just a chinchilla. He was so much more to me than that.

::cry222:::
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 07:28:56 AM by GrayRodent »

Snickerdoodlesmom

• Proud mom of Snickerdoodle
  • Appreciation points: 11
  • # of Chins: One
    • View Profile
Re: My best friend :(
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:50:57 AM »

While reading your post, I felt tears come to my eyes. It was so heartbreaking and honest; I truly feel for your loss. I was also "saved" by my chinchilla, who teaches me the meaning of joy every day. I am terribly sorry for your loss and I hope you can stay strong. May your angel rest in peace; I'll be praying for you.
- Dvora, Snickerdoodle's Momma
Pages: [1]   Go Up