Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-homed a couple of chins in the UK  (Read 1049 times)

Russbiker

• Appreciation points: 0
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
Re-homed a couple of chins in the UK
« on: August 07, 2013, 03:45:10 AM »

Hi, relatively new owner in the UK. I had a couple of chins when I was a young lad, Im now 32. We bought our own house recently and thought It would be nice to give an animal a new home from a recue centre. We were originaly thinking about getting another dog, but we think our bulldog is happier being the only dog in the house (likes to be spoilt). We thought about degus because my gf has had gerbils, but saw an advert for some chinchillas and decided to get them.
We got two females 4-5 years old from a lad who was going to university, he seems to have really looked after them and he was very sad to let them go. One of the girls has history with seizures (nose twitches really fast and then her movements go really slow, sluggish to walk for a minute or two then snaps straight out of it and back to normal) he says shes had them the whole time hes owned her. If he keeps her playtime down to 15-20 mins he said she rarely has any problems.
They are really nice and friendly, after only a few days they seem like theyve been here forever. Running all over us and exploring their new room. We hope to give them a long happy life at their new home, and have joined the site for hints and advise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up