Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My chinchilla doesn't really ever make any noise?  (Read 1397 times)

jrod1195

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
My chinchilla doesn't really ever make any noise?
« on: April 11, 2012, 12:34:54 PM »

When I first decided I wanted a Chinchilla, I read they can be noisy. Fast forward to today, Delilah only makes noises when I go to pick her up (which she doesn't like) and it sounds like a gremlin, or when she sneezes. Could it be because she never interacts with other Chinchillas? Is it normal for her not to be so vocal? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

CrazyChinLady

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: My chinchilla doesn't really ever make any noise?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 03:52:57 PM »

I have two five year olds. Mine are quiet with me. Apparently, they have nothing to say to me. They don't talk to me, but one, when picked up, does not like to be picked up and screams, what I assume, is chinchilla swearing. She does the 'uhhhhh' and 'eeeeeekkkk" and really obviously grunts, and has never ever bit me. Doesn't last long and when I put her down, she doesn't run away, just gives me this........ well...look. They are both happy and healthy and make noises sometimes when they are playing, but it is play that I am not included in,  and they even do their 'happy' dance (where they jump straight up in the air and twitch). I don't think there is anything wrong. Your's must be happy and has no complaints and feels content  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up