Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New cage!  (Read 2626 times)

Jose Chinchilla

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
New cage!
« on: March 07, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »

Ok y'all, I have ordered a fiesty ferret chinchilla cage for Jose from TJ's chinchilla store...awesome website by the way......Now, I need some ideas (and be specific cause I am new at this) about how to chinchilla proof the cage and how to decorate it. Remember, specifics please! Thanks y'all!   :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:17:15 AM by Jose Chinchilla »

Marip

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
Re: New cage!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 03:51:56 PM »

Ok y'all, I have ordered a fiest ferret chinchilla cage for Jose from TJ's chinchilla store...awesome website by the way......Now, I need some ideas (and be specific cause I am new at this) about how to chinchilla proof the cage and how to decorate it. Remember, specifics please! Thanks y'all!   :)
~

hey so you should put   houses made of wood a flying saucer wheel a hammock  and some toys made os wood too but to be more specific shearch in  http://www.pet4you.net/ or ebay or even on a pet shop .

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 09:33:27 PM »

i have shelves staggered all over my cages, with some fleece hammocks, tubes..etc.. and my shelves are all different sizes..  your gonna have fun fixing it up, can't wait to seea pic
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

ohio chinny

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 05:20:27 PM »

i haven't personally seen the one you mentioned by name, but be careful about ferret cages in general, a lot of them have plastic shelving in them. :::((( anything plastic will need to be replaced with either metal of wood (or ceramics/glassware for things like food bowels), because chinchillas will chew on anything and everything! ??? plastic is verry harmful to them if injested, so any shelving, ramps, houses, etc. that is plastic will need replased. i reccomend un-treated pine as the easiest and cheapest route, but make SURE its un-treated, thats verry important, as treated wood is poisonous, if you dont use pine, double check that the wood type itself is safe for chins, some are not (like cedar). off hand the only other chin safe wood that i remember is apple, but im sure there are others. also do not paint the boards, this is poisonus too, unless its just a vegtable dye. anyhow, good luck decorating your new chin cage :) id like to see it when its done ::nod::

Jose Chinchilla

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 08:20:26 AM »

No worries, everything in it, including the shelves, are metal! Still trying to figure out how I want to decorate it though! By the way, Jose absolutely LOVES ::kiss99:: his hammock and he does not chew it! YAY!!!  ::highfive::

mojito

• Appreciation points: 10
  • # of Chins: 2
  • chinchillin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »

If its got strings in the hammock (mine did) be careful still! My boys never chewed on it (not that I could see) but after a few months the strings started showing so I ended up sewing one up for them. It might not happen to yours but just look out for it bc the thread is very small!
Pages: [1]   Go Up