Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dry Chin Ears  (Read 922 times)

Tico

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Dry Chin Ears
« on: January 24, 2012, 09:42:04 PM »

My male Chinchilla is about a year old and has dry ears and feet. He HATES when I put bagbalm on him. It takes 2 people; one to hold him and keep him from squirming and another to actually put it on. and eventually it all ends up in his fur and he's a nasty mess. Does anyone know of any other solutions to the dry sin problem? Something a little less greasy? It doesn't APPEAR to bother him too much but I know Chinchillas are good at hiding things like that.

judyg

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dry Chin Ears
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »

I noticed that with my chin. I used to give him dust baths every other day and I believe that was causing his dry skin so I cut down to two times per week and seems to be working. I also noticed it is very dry in the house and that does not help but I am afraid if I get a pot of boiling water going and the humidity goes up too much he might overheat...I hoped this helped a little:)

Marip

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Dry Chin Ears
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »

My male Chinchilla is about a year old and has dry ears and feet. He HATES when I put bagbalm on him. It takes 2 people; one to hold him and keep him from squirming and another to actually put it on. and eventually it all ends up in his fur and he's a nasty mess. Does anyone know of any other solutions to the dry sin problem? Something a little less greasy? It doesn't APPEAR to bother him too much but I know Chinchillas are good at hiding things like that.

dust bath its just to put like 10 or 15 minutes and day yes day no and be sure that your sand has anti-fungus or buy to put.

I dont know if there is but the best thing to put is BARRAL i dont know what is bagbalm but shearch for BARRAL and you put a bit on his foots and its done .
do you have something on the floor of the cage?
Pages: [1]   Go Up