Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just opened up our site, please take a look and give us some feedback.  (Read 4594 times)

ChinnieShop

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile

Hello Everyone,

We are new here but not new to caring for chinchillas.  We currently have two wonderful chinchillas who have brought us many years of joy.  From this love we have decided to open up a chinchilla supplies e-store.  Please check it out, give us some feedback, we would truly love it.  Thanks.

Link: www.ChinnieShop.com

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: Just opened up our site, please take a look and give us some feedback.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 04:49:33 PM »

::silly::  OK ... You ask ... please be assured that I am not downing you in any way, but am looking out for you, for the buyer and especially first and formost for the Chinchillas!  

I would carefully check each product to make sure it is made for and safe for chinchillas.  Some are not.  Manufacturers have a very bad habit of stating something is safe for a chinchilla that is not.  When people check your site and find things that they either know, or have been told, are not safe for a chinchilla, it may make them decide that they do not want to buy anything.

Please, be very careful on any statement that you might make that would give a new chin owner the idea that something is safe when it is not.
Prevue Pet Products Small Rabbit/Chinchilla Hutch 460 Crafted from a fine weather-resistant variety of fir tree lumber and coated with a protective, non-toxic, stain, this rabbit hutch also features a water-resistant roof made of asphalt shingles and is designed to protect your pet from inclement weather.  

You list this as if it is made for rabbits and chinchillas and infer that chinchillas can be housed outside.  They can not be housed outside in this country ... it is not the proper weather and they would be exposed to animals that would kill or infect them.  Please, state that that cage would be used inside only for chinchillas.  Also, remember ... chinchillas love to chew ... it is necessary for them to chew ... wood is one of the most favorite things for them to chew ... this cage could be a major problem in the complaint department for you.  

If you would like to contact me, we could go over some other things I noticed.  joannfryeb2@cox.net  If you feel hurt or insuldted and would prefer I remove this, please let me know and I will.

Hope this helps.

::wave::  Jo Ann
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 04:51:19 PM by Jo Ann »
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

ChinnieShop

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 10:13:28 PM »

::silly::  OK ... You ask ... please be assured that I am not downing you in any way, but am looking out for you, for the buyer and especially first and formost for the Chinchillas!  

I would carefully check each product to make sure it is made for and safe for chinchillas.  Some are not.  Manufacturers have a very bad habit of stating something is safe for a chinchilla that is not.  When people check your site and find things that they either know, or have been told, are not safe for a chinchilla, it may make them decide that they do not want to buy anything.

Please, be very careful on any statement that you might make that would give a new chin owner the idea that something is safe when it is not.
Prevue Pet Products Small Rabbit/Chinchilla Hutch 460 Crafted from a fine weather-resistant variety of fir tree lumber and coated with a protective, non-toxic, stain, this rabbit hutch also features a water-resistant roof made of asphalt shingles and is designed to protect your pet from inclement weather.  

You list this as if it is made for rabbits and chinchillas and infer that chinchillas can be housed outside.  They can not be housed outside in this country ... it is not the proper weather and they would be exposed to animals that would kill or infect them.  Please, state that that cage would be used inside only for chinchillas.  Also, remember ... chinchillas love to chew ... it is necessary for them to chew ... wood is one of the most favorite things for them to chew ... this cage could be a major problem in the complaint department for you.  

If you would like to contact me, we could go over some other things I noticed.  joannfryeb2@cox.net  If you feel hurt or insuldted and would prefer I remove this, please let me know and I will.

Hope this helps.

::wave::  Jo Ann

Hello Jo Ann,

Thank you for your feedback that is much appreciated.  I am in no way offended by what you said, you made a very strong point and are correct.  I have had chinchillas for several years, but by no means am I an expert.  I have taken your considerations, as well as those from other "experts" and have been re-vamping my website as well as the products that I offer.  If you can please take another look, and give me your feedback with the changes that have been made.  I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks again for your help! :)

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 01:24:22 AM »

i think it looks nice....
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 02:12:12 PM »

I looked at your site and at a glance it is very nicely organized and easy to find information.
Some of the items seem a bit confusing though.

For example you have "Oxbow Critical Care - 141 gm" and are showing three bags of different sizes.
It is the same for the 1lb bag that shows both a bag and some kind of round canister. If it's possible you might want to try to match the photos to the product a bit more closely.

Secondly, if it's 141 grams you should not use "gm" but "g" which is standard.

Looks the image of your chin-spin has been squished. You may want to re-crop it.

I love the fact you have a link to a blog.

God bless,

Chris
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

ChinnieShop

• View Profile

ChinnieShop

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »

I looked at your site and at a glance it is very nicely organized and easy to find information.
Some of the items seem a bit confusing though.

For example you have "Oxbow Critical Care - 141 gm" and are showing three bags of different sizes.
It is the same for the 1lb bag that shows both a bag and some kind of round canister. If it's possible you might want to try to match the photos to the product a bit more closely.

Secondly, if it's 141 grams you should not use "gm" but "g" which is standard.

Looks the image of your chin-spin has been squished. You may want to re-crop it.

I love the fact you have a link to a blog.

God bless,

Chris

Thank you very much for your feedback, this is true, this was the pictures though from the retailer that I received.  I will try and find better pictures.  The chin spin, I put up yesterday and your right, I squished it a bit when I was resizing it in Photoshop.  I will have my PS expert fix it for me.  I like the blog as well, I have been looking for writers for my blog as well, in case yourself or anyone else was interested. 

GrayRodent

• Chinchilla Club and CBO Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 153
  • # of Chins: 2
    • View Profile
    • Chris Hamilton
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 05:12:02 PM »

I don't think I'd be a good candidate for blogging until I get a chinchilla (I don't have a place to keep one yet). Maybe in a few years I'll have some good experience to do that.
I'm a programmer not a chinchilla breeder. I learn by asking questions just like you.

ChinnieShop

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 06:53:20 PM »

I don't think I'd be a good candidate for blogging until I get a chinchilla (I don't have a place to keep one yet). Maybe in a few years I'll have some good experience to do that.

Ok thanks anyways!! ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up