Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goodbye Puff 8/6/02 and Frisbee 7/15/11, my bro and sis.  (Read 1354 times)

Squirrel_Butt

• Appreciation points: 2
  • # of Chins: 4
    • View Profile
Goodbye Puff 8/6/02 and Frisbee 7/15/11, my bro and sis.
« on: September 13, 2011, 05:29:52 PM »

Although I have pretty much healed, I might as well put this up.

Puff, our time together was short, but I enjoyed and loved you. I don't know what killed you. It could have been the pain from the pododermatitis, or the corneal ulcer. It could have been old age. I didn't know your history too well.

Frisbee, It was a great 9 years with you.  You weren't the most healthy chin, but the vet and me saved your life many times. From the first time when you came under my care, from the constipation you suffered from the crap you were being fed by your old family, to the infections you got in your life, to your final battle with pyometra. The bond between us kept you going. Even had the vet and me known you were a female, there was still the risk of losing you in surgery. The only treatment for pyometra in chins is ovariohysterectomy. You were so weak from the pyometra and the secondary infection that we couldn't even run a blood test.  We fought for your life, trying to stabilize you, keeping you comfortable until you passed away.

Both of you are forever in my heart.
Chip Raisin Bonnie Clyde
Pages: [1]   Go Up