Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New chinny owner!  (Read 2746 times)

Jose Chinchilla

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
New chinny owner!
« on: May 18, 2011, 09:04:16 AM »

::hither:: ::howdythere:: Just wanted to say hello! My name is Kelly and we have recently gotten a new family member, a chinchilla. This is our first chinchilla. We do not have any rescue sites close to here, so we bought one from PetSmart. I would like to think we rescued him anyway, because, I mean, who wants to live in a noisy bright pet store with people going by tapping on the window interupting naptime all day long? Anyway. We went to PetSmart 10 days ago just to get a chinchilla. They had one left and we talked to him for awhile and decided we'd take him home. They didn't have a pet carrier box big enough, so they went to the back and got a regular box and it just so happened it was a Jose Cuervo box. So we thought it only fitting to name our new family member Jose. Anyway, Jose is rather shy. He is finally getting in to our hands on his own. We have not fed him any treats yet. It was funny though, a few days after we got him =, a few of our neighbors came over to meet him. Well, Jose was not happy with that AT ALL. He wouldn't even look at us the rest of the night. But he got over that pretty quick. I have a border collie/husky mix 10 year old female, Chloe. Jose seems to take to her pretty well. At first he seems scared of her, which seems natural. But now he is running all over her and using her tail as a jumping obstacle. It's so funny. Anyway, we are very excited to have Jose in our lives and hope to have him in our lives for a very long time. I wanted to join this forum because I figured it would be a great place for me to learn more about Jose and how to take care of him. Our next big project, building him a bigger forever home. So if y'all have any ideas on that, we're all ears!

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
Re: New chinny owner!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 08:58:01 PM »

hi and welcome aboard.

congrats on your new baby.. you will have so much enjoyment.

just a word of advice and this may not be true for your petsmart, but up here, they know squat about chins, they think they do, but they don't. so if they gave you any advice, it could be wrong.. i just want you to know so you don't do something wrong. but like i said, you could of gotten lucky and got a smart chin person.

any questions at all, pls don't hestitate to ask.

j
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)

Jose Chinchilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 07:18:43 AM »

Well, I guess it's good news then that they didn't tell us much at all! :doh:

jmdebb

• View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »

where i live we have our mom and pops stars, and two major ones are petsmart and bensons, at least with bensons, they are pretty chinny smart. but petsmart.. UGH!!! i feel so bad for any little critter in their store.
Your One Stop Chin Shop

Jose Chinchilla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 06:34:44 PM »

See I have this habit, don't know if it's good or bad, but I research anything and everything new in my life online. So even before we got Jose, I was researching chinchillas. Google is my friend! :::grins:: It's amazing how much stuff you can find online!

jmdebb

• View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 12:55:24 PM »

See I have this habit, don't know if it's good or bad, but I research anything and everything new in my life online. So even before we got Jose, I was researching chinchillas. Google is my friend! :::grins:: It's amazing how much stuff you can find online!

yes it is, but again also beware, because i did the same thing, and don't take this the wrong way, but i also read alot of false information.  i learned correctly from breeders in forums, i still need to learn and can't remember everything.. but its better, you realize who is rep..   this forum is great.
Your One Stop Chin Shop

hexi99

• CHIN LOVER FOREVER
  • Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 04:26:29 AM »

::wave:: welcome! hope you find the information you need this site is great so take a look around and ask questions if you ever need to! congrats on joining the chin world :)

Jose Chinchilla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 06:59:52 AM »

Thank you! It has only been two weeks since we first got our Jose, but we have such a great relationship with him already! He has such a huge personality!  ::nod::

chincity

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 08:22:53 AM »

welcome! i am new here 2 i bought my first chinchilla from a privately owner pet shop. he was in a really bad way they sold him as a 1 year old and he was about 8 when i bought him. he had a broken tail, going blind, was bald from fur biting and had bleeding feet and ears.
thank goodness that disgusting place has now closed and sadly my chin gizmo passed away last year. at least he had a few years with us being spoilt and loved.
other chin owners can be a great source of information also the internet but always get a second opinion if you are not sure. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up