Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggestion: chinchilla website reviews  (Read 3980 times)

forchins

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Small Pet Club
suggestion: chinchilla website reviews
« on: September 04, 2006, 09:14:21 PM »

Since several people have websites about chinchillas, maybe there could be a website review section. Several reasons:

1. You can show off your website and get feedback about what is good and what isn't so good.
2. People can see good chinchilla websites out there.
3. Probably the most important, is that others can point out if your website has incorrect information. There are several controversial issues of course, "such as should I feed raisens?", and these could go rouond and round, but at least some of the obvious mistakes can be pointed out.

The other chinchilla forums (except Chinchillas Unlimited in the UK) don't have this feature so it could be someting unique for this forum. The problem with website reviews is there has to be good guidelines behind them or they turn into spam or arguments. Here are a few rules from other website review forums as an example:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339587
http://www.phpbbstyles.com/viewtopic.php?t=1174
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=49483.0 (you have to log in to see these rules)

Misskitz

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
Re: suggestion: chinchilla website reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 08:49:12 AM »

That's a really good idea, But i wouldn't want anything bad said.
"don't let nobody tell your life is over......be every color that you are!"

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 10:03:13 AM »

::silly::Hi MissKitz,
   That's the problem ... if you are getting/giving an 'honest review' ... you will not only be praised for the information that is good, but mistakes will be pointed out.  Not everyone will take it as constructive criticism.  And not everyone knows how to give constructive criticism.   :::(((
    I think this is the way the ole saying go ... "Some people can dish it out, but can't take it." and "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."   :2funny:
    To accept an honest review, you have to be able to take the good with the bad.   ::)
    If you can not accept it as constructive criticism then you can't give it either. ::tickedoff::
    We are all humans and all make mistakes, but what we learn from our mistakes will make them good or bad mistakes. ::nod::
  For instance, if you make a mistake once and you do not make it the second time ... it's a good mistake because you never make it again, you really learned from it.  :blush2:
 If you do not learn from your mistake and make the same one over again, then it is considered a bad mistake and it hurts you, not once, but twice ... or more, according to how many times you make it without learning from it.   :-[
     Some people never learn from their mistakes and refuse to pay for their mistakes ... they learn nothing, and, sooner or later ... people don't want anything to do with them. ::sadtears::

::wave::
Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 05:11:55 PM »

[That's the problem ... if you are getting/giving an 'honest review' ... you will not only be praised for the information that is good, but mistakes will be pointed out.  Not everyone will take it as constructive criticism.  And not everyone knows how to give constructive criticism.   /quote]

Some of us just can't get on paper what our minds and hearts are trying to say and it comes out as destructive criticism even when we didn't mean it to sound that way.
There is a fine line between the two, and whether your giving or receiving some of us should just keep our mouths shut some times.
I speak of myself, but have read reviews that I could feel that in too. :blush2:
Debbie.nl.ca

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 06:25:42 PM »

::silly::I'll second that emotion. Sometimes you spend hours doing something for everyone and then someone in the bunch has to spout off and question the valitity of the work you have done and try to make you look like an idiot that doesn't know what they are doing.

Oh, well ... if we were all alike it would be a dull world to live in.   :D

::wave::
Jo Ann

There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed
Pages: [1]   Go Up