Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd things your chins do.  (Read 2166 times)

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
Odd things your chins do.
« on: January 14, 2011, 11:24:04 AM »

Hey all,

I figured it would be funny to talk about some of the odd quirks some of our chins have.

Some of my chins got some quirky things, for starters Gizmo, HAS to sleep in her wheel to keep Luna from it.  Also gizmo is funny as can be, no matter if she is first to the dust bath or second, she has to do a few dust bath rolls outside the Dustbath house before she goes in.  Its the funniest thing to watch.

My trio of boys in another cage sleep one behind another in a little train like fashion kinda looking like they are doing the deed, however they are just sleeping.  Since we get a kick out of this venessa has come to name them the hump train group.

Cant wait to hear other funny stories.

megoony99

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Odd things your chins do.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 07:15:49 PM »

My chin has figured out what the food container is.  He likes to climb in it while I am holding it and get some food out.  When it is play time he likes to go under his cage.  Its hilarious becuase he looks like he is army crawling under it. 

sarahlydear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:18:18 PM »

My boy Herby loves to climb down things. As in you give him a space between a bookshelf and a wall and he will wiggle his way straight down and akwardly try to come out with his stomach to the ground. ;D
Also both my boys loveto roll in sheets like it's a dust bath. It can be a just cleaned, or dirty, sheet but boy they're going to roll in it as much as possible. ::) 

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 02:53:34 PM »

i love this stuff..
 i can't think of anything though at the moment. but you wait, when this thread dissappears thats when my mind will go... heres a great story to tell....
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

Chins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 01:07:40 AM »

After my chilla take their dust bath they usually have some dust that ends up on the hardwood floor, so they "re-roll" in the dust.

It's super cute lol.

Lindsey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 10:07:53 AM »

I have a chin that loves to lick my hands. He will sit and lick and "groom" my hands endlessly if I let him. (don't worry, I always make sure my hands are clean before I let him)

opaldamour

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm new on the forum (I've been reading as a guest for many months while I waited for my account to be approved), and i couldn't resist to post in this thread. I have two girls, Dharma (violet wrap) and Lily (white mosaic). Durring out of the cage time, Lily HAS to be the highest in the room, atleast for awhile. She has learned to mountain goat her way up a stack of boxes by their cage, to be able to hop onto the top and out onto the open door. She'll perch there and 'survey her kingdom' while Dharma runs around. And they both love to play massage therapists. My boyfriend and I will lay on our stomachs on the floor while they run around. With in moments, our girls are jumping on us, and walking around on our backs. Dharma likes to walk up and down legs, while Lilly will rock back and forth on your back. It's funny to watch, and is a great de-stressor for us! Although occasionally we end up with 'chilla hats!

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 01:50:16 PM »

These are really funny things chins do.

Since I got my puppy during play time daisy(puppy) will be on one side of the fence. She whines and Pogo (chin #1) comes up to the fence and they kinda play together. Its cute! Now snowie is getting used to Daisy also.

I liked it when they would jump ontop of there cage and if i made this once sound and tapped on my shoulder they would jump onto  my should and back down to the ground. They would do it all over again.

animalluver

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 01:46:00 PM »

Whenever I tap my chinchilla under the chin her ears go back and she closes her eyes like she does when I scratch her behind the ears!  ::) Sometimes she'll be sitting with her back to the bars and her tail will be sticking straight out! She also likes to climb up the bars behind her wheel and slide across it backwards  :::grins::
Pages: [1]   Go Up