Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How you know you met your sole mate?  (Read 7252 times)

1newChinmom1

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How you know you met your sole mate?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2011, 08:44:28 PM »

OK, Sweetness....if you want to hurt yourself, stalk your ex. If he is the past, let him go! Sorry but it had to be said.  ::shrug::
That being said, and my foot being firmly in my mouth, let me give you one more bit of unasked for advice.  :doh: No intimacy before monogamy.  ::nod:: and if you aren't comfortable discussing monogamy with a guy, why in the world would you let him inside of you? Sex is now a health risk. Not just a pregnancy risk or a social risk, but a health risk. Take your time, hold hands, make him wait. He seems to be wanting a lot, going out of town is a big thing.
And another old expression, don't sh** where you eat. In other words, don't date at work. The age difference doesn't bother me, people mature at different rates. Just make sure he isn't looking for 'fun', at your expense. You will have to go to work and look at him everyday, whether this works or not.
Slow down, take your time, make sure it's right. If at anytime you feel pressured, you ARE. If at anytime it doesn't feel quite right, it ISN'T! Remember, hold out for the breath taking, mind blowing relationship.
You will be glad you did. Trust me on this. ;)

It's Cerberus and Persephone's GrandChin. ::wave::

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 08:40:04 AM »

Thanks for the advice!!! I'm just enjoying it for now.

I wasn't stalking my ex. I was still friends wit him on fb so the pictures were on my home page.

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 12:09:52 PM »

I have a bad ex myself, You got to just let them go, its a comfort thing running back to them bc its what you know.  I have been with my current gf Venessa for 4 years this Feb. 4th.  She is fantastic.  We have a place together, 9 chinchillas, hobbies, interests, etc....but we also have personal lives seperate.  That is how you know your perfect for each other.  When you can look and do something you dont want to and find enjoyment in knowing you have truly made someone happy, its awsome.  Venessa does this with my racing, I race dirt cars all over NY and canada, shes not a racer at heart like i am, but she supports my interst and even gets into it a little, it makes me feel awsome, I do the same for her and thats why we have a good relationship.  Not to say we dont fight, bc we do, but its never horrendous fight, hell sometimes i even fight with her just to get her mad then tell her I love her, she hates it but knows in her heart I love her.  Just cheer up, things will work out when they are supposed to.

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 02:17:54 PM »

Thanks, I'm not planning on going back with my ex. Its hard though when i see pic of even my cats that live wit him.

andiceni

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 08:30:22 PM »

as far as it goes for me, i met my boyfriend and a week later we started dating. I know he is my sole mate because i do have a chronic illness, im a nursing student a year shy of graduating, and because of this he has put all of his plans on pause just for my needs. (im buying him his dream truck when i graduate to make up for it) we've been together for 2 years now, living together for 6 months,  and added a new chapter in our lives by adopting a chin about 3-4 weeks ago.
we both split everything (finances, bonding time) half and half. this is probably the best way to go so if you decide to seperate you dont have to fight over anything. But as far as him owing you money, you can take him to court and also get custody of your chins because he is at fault (my mom's an employee for federal court systems)

hope this helps
-andi

Hoppinchins

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 09:34:28 AM »

Thanks andi it does.

We are already split. He's not making it easy for me to see my cats or get money from him. He said he is giving me money next week. If not I think I will have to take him to court. Even though I don't want to
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up