Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Chinchilla Hates My New Chinchilla =(  (Read 1490 times)

WillowDusk18

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Luigi & Co.
My Chinchilla Hates My New Chinchilla =(
« on: September 21, 2010, 02:57:27 PM »

I have 3 beautiful chinchillas.

Luigi was my first, then i introduced him to my 2nd Rayne and within 2 - 3 days they were inseparable.

Now my 3rd Grace, is loved by Luigi he sleeps with her, plays with her, generally watches out for her, but Rayne despises her.

At night they take it in turns to sleep with Luigi and the other goes into a cage very close by so they can here and smell each other.
During they day they take it in turns to play with Luigi running around the bedroom.

Grace is fine and just sits and sleeps alot atm (she's 13 weeks) but Rayne has set her sights on her for no apparent reason.

We're taking each day as it comes, we'll hold them up to each other. Try and let them sand bath together, too which Rayne also despises and refuses to go near.  Let them run around, but as soon as Grace crosses her path, Rayne chases her and pulls clumps of her fur out which is upsetting for Grace and us that there nto getting on.

This has gone on for around a week now, with no signs of improvement on Raynes side.

Even Luigi has started sticking up for Grace, to which Rayne replies by attacking him.

Help? :(

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
Re: My Chinchilla Hates My New Chinchilla =(
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 03:32:07 PM »

is luigi nuetered? if not you cannot have him with a 13 week old female she can get pregnant at that age and it very well can kill her or stunt her growth. also Rayne may never come to term with her some chinchillas never get along. Grace may just need her own cage
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

WillowDusk18

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Luigi & Co.
Re: My Chinchilla Hates My New Chinchilla =(
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 03:42:48 PM »

Luigi is not neutered atm, we have discussed it but we've also discussed breeding from him as he's handsome lad. :)

Atm we keep a really big close eye on them both because i've read about her not being ready til 10 months which i still wouldn't feel comftable with.

Luigi and her are separated at night but and during the day they have around 2 hours together, were we watch them with a very close eye and try and introduce her to Rayne again. There are 3 - 4 of us watching out for any funny business and i it won't be happening yet!! :)

We hoped Rayne would smell Grace on Luigi and learn from smells and seeing her she's just a baby and won't harm her. But Rayne sits on her hind legs and sprays. Its more upsetting she's started on Luigi.

And i was hoping puttin Grace in her own cage for the rest of her life would be a the really last option, i hate seeing chinchillas on there own. There usually such social creatures :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up