Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I can't believe Im posting this.  (Read 11835 times)

Courtney

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
I can't believe Im posting this.
« on: August 20, 2010, 03:28:17 AM »

This morning I woke up and Chilly, Chicklette and Digit were dead. Mom and her two daughters. Silly must have had something that passed on to them. I only have one chin now, Tucker and he thank goodness in not in the chin room. Im stunned, Im devastated, Im shocked, I was hyperventilating this morning, I could not catch my breath. I beyond sad, sad does not even compare to how I feel, that's 4 chin. There are no more chins in the chin room.

Chicklette, I love you for the little trouble maker you were, always into something. You were so bad but in a good way.

Digit I love you for how hyper and active you were. With all your happy hops and racing around the cage.

Chilly, I love you for the perfect mom you were and how much you loved your children. You were my first chin.

I will miss all three of you with all my heart. I wish I new what happened, it's all my fault for not knowing, Im sorry.  ::cry222:::

Im in total shock.
Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
Re: I can't believe Im posting this.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 07:03:37 AM »

I am so sorry!! I know you are heartbroken.

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

wellmalt

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:31:20 PM »

I am so sorry for your loss.

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 08:43:46 PM »

I am very sorry for your loss Did it overheat in their room? It must have been something for all to have gone like that at once...
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

Courtney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 11:49:21 PM »

Thanks guys, nope it didn't overheat. Actually the air was on.
Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 06:12:18 PM »

oh courtney this is horrible. i send my deepest condolences again to you.

are you gonna have a necro done on at least one of them to see what it is?   i would since more than one died.  the answer might help you out in the future.  i hope that doesn't sound insenstive, because i am not trying to be, i just think for something like this, straight answers would be best.

jean
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)

kaylamuss

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 08:29:44 PM »

i`m terribly sorry for your loss.

Courtney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 04:23:10 AM »

are you gonna have a necro done on at least one of them to see what it is?   i would since more than one died.  the answer might help you out in the future.  i hope that doesn't sound insenstive, because i am not trying to be, i just think for something like this, straight answers would be best.

Thank you. It's really rough right now. I've been up all night, I can't sleep or eat. Yes, Im having a necro done on Chilly. The results will be in, in a week. Oh I take NO offence at all. That is no problem asking, don't worry but yes to have some peace of mind and to protect Tucker Im having one done. 

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 08:35:22 PM »

Thank you. It's really rough right now. I've been up all night, I can't sleep or eat. Yes, Im having a necro done on Chilly. The results will be in, in a week. Oh I take NO offence at all. That is no problem asking, don't worry but yes to have some peace of mind and to protect Tucker Im having one done. 

please keep us posted..

if you need to talk or to cry, pm me and i will give you my phone number.. i feel so horrible for you..  its tragic enough to lose one, but to lose so many at once.  i don't mean to sound like a jerk, and its' a bit different, but i kind of know what you are going threw because a few summers ago i had to put my 16 1/2 dog down due to old age, then a month later, i had to put a 7 year old dog down, then a month later, i had to put a cat down due to in-operatable cancer.. i never had that happen before -- three months in a row was super tough.  its a good thing we have each other for times like this.. i look at people in the forums as my virtual family.. i get attached to you guys even tho we never met.. most of you are soo nice, how can you not ...

i hope the pain fades quickly for you, but the happy memories keep your heart warm forever.
jean
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names

Courtney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 11:11:58 PM »

Thank you so much for the support, I need it right now. You have a rough time of it also. Wow, I can'y imangine all that, Im so sorry. Yes, all three of them, when I walked in that room my mouth and heart just sank. It's tough putting animals down, I've done it too many time so I know what you went threw.

Blondy40

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 09:31:50 AM »

I am without words...My heart goes out to you... ::cry222::: I hope some answers will help you to get thru this very tough time..

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 11:26:08 AM »

:hugs:   I am so sorry to hear this, it is hard, believe me I know.  I can empathise with you.  They each make their own special place in your heart and stay there forever.  Keep the good memories in the front of your mind at all times ... it helps to push the bad ones futher back into a dark corner.

Knowing what caused this is of up most importance.  Please, make sure you sterilize everything and dispose of what can not be sterilized.  Replace all food and treats unless you are absolutely sure they are still good.  When in doubt, throw it out.

Please let us know what the report lets you know.

:hugs:  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Courtney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 12:41:40 AM »

Well the necro should be back in less then a week. I cleaned the chin room with bleach, I have 4 garbage bags of stuff. I threw out all the wooden stuff. Toys, ect. It's just not worth it to give ANYTHING to Tucker. So it went in the garbage and the room is spotless.

I can rememeber the happy memories, Chilly was such a great mom. That was a wonderful experience.

1newChinmom1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2010, 06:38:16 AM »

::cry222::: times like these there are just no words to reach out through the keyboard and hold you close enough. My heart is breaking for you, and I can only say how very sorry I am that you have to experience such loss. My daughter and I were just discussing your recent loss of Silly, and we said a prayer for you, and your Babes. I just can't imagine such a huge loss, all at once. I hope you find peace, and know that somewhere out here many, many hearts are reaching out to you, with caring and affection.  :'(

Courtney

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 08:28:53 AM »

Thanks Chinmom that means a lot to me. Thanks for the prayer. Loosing 4 really broke my heart. I can't wait for the necro to come in to find out what happened. I still have my boy Tucker and thank goodness was never exposed to them. I took him to the vets, they did blood work and everything and he got a clean bill of health. I just wanted to be on the safe side.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up