Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: could she still be pregnant?  (Read 1803 times)

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
could she still be pregnant?
« on: August 30, 2010, 01:43:48 PM »

guys, this sort of borderlines on miracles but...

fluffy (who we thought was a boy) gave birth to triplets on april, 6th - we took chinchi out as soon as we found the babies (same day) and had him neutered. he suffered a massive infection and despite all our efforts with medication, he had a puss capsule that needed to be surgically removed and he had a reaction to the anesthetic  ::cry222:::

fluffy clearly got pregnant the day she gave birth and she gave birth to one baby on July, 27th.

now, fluffy's tummy is still really round - she never showed any obvious pregnancy signs like lying on her side - we did put her in with chinchi briefly a few times within the 6 week period after him being neutered simply because he was so sick and really missed her. we were always there to monitor them and i don't think there was any funny business going on.
we put chinchi in with fluff and the babies after six weeks - i know some people have had babies conceived 6 weeks after neutering.

i know this is highly unlikely and i did try to see if there's any movement in her tummy but i can't feel anything (although i could not feel any until about 2 weeks before the girl was born)
her weight is going up very slightly but then she didn't really put much weight on when she was pregnant with luella.
i'm just wondering about this very round tummy!

i know i'm panicking :)

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
Re: could she still be pregnant?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »

I don't think so. 111-120 days is the gestation period
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
Re: could she still be pregnant?
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 05:50:43 AM »

sorry, i was being a bit special there with the dates.

he died on the 10th of June  :'( ::cry222::: :'( so technically the end of gestation period would be 29th of September (if she was on time, she was a day late with luella) - this of course would mean that he managed to impregnate her 8 weeks after neutering. i don't know if that's possible. i mean, she was already pregnant then as well!

i guess we'll know for sure in october!
Pages: [1]   Go Up