Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The babies arrived finally! 2 white mosaics and a standard gray. EDIT: OMG OMG  (Read 8230 times)

Jhenderson27

• Appreciation points: 4
  • Giz and Luna
    • View Profile

The babies are due tomorrow as the gestation calculator says.  We are going nuts in this house.  We just want her to give the babies up.  She is so torturing the heck out of us.  When does everyone think they will arrive.  We have felt some crazy soccer style kicking by the babies.....our mommy's poor insides are all over  :)  We feel bad that her and Titan cant be in the same cage and they both look so bummed.  Its for the best and just in case the babies come when we aren't home.  Well back to being a wreck waiting for the babies.  

Justin
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:06:34 PM by Jhenderson27 »

dianah

• Appreciation points: 22
    • View Profile
Re: OMG OMG OMG!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 05:55:12 AM »

haha i totally sympathise! mine's due on the 26th and i'm itching all over!! let us know when they turn up!

Jhenderson27

• Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 06:42:51 AM »

WE HAVE BABIES!!!!!!!!!

::silly:: ::silly::

2 babies are fresh right now, moms doing her job with cleanup, a very successful safe birth here.  Good sized kits, I will do a weigh-in when I get home at 3 from work.  Im gonna give our girl her space and let her do her thing.  From an early guess the appearance of the babies would be 2 white mosaics.  Both peeping and running about.  Right now they just crawled under mom and are getting a drink.

The house just went from 4 to 6.  ;)  Daddy is right up at the cage seeing and smelling them and wanting to love them.  How soon can they become acquainted with the father?

I will have more info in a few hours when I get home.

Good luck with yours!

Jhenderson27

• Giz and Luna
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 06:44:13 AM »

Check that, mom just moved and we have 3.  I just noticed a big standard grey in the corner and the 2 mosaics.

dianah

• View Profile

pictures pictures pictures pictures! that must be a nice surprise - two... oh no! it's three! yay :)

awwww i would love to have a multicoloured litter! mum's grey and dad was pink white - the first lot was triplets, all beige!

i'm playing a ridiculous game where i'm guessing what we're going to have. so i think because there were three of them the first time, we'll either have 3 or 4 and i think we'll have 1 pink white, 2 wilson white or mosaic and 1 grey. it's just silliness, i know but if i get it right, i'm better than the psychic octopus!

Jhenderson27

• Giz and Luna
    • View Profile

I had to jet out of work early today, I just had to get home and see them.  Right now they are nursing so I don't want to interrupt them and take them away from mom.  I dont have the sexes of the babies yet but we got a very quick weight of them.

The mosaics are 56g and 58g, while the standard gray is a 53g or 54g.  He wasn't as apt as his siblings to let me weigh them.  He seems to be the runt so we are going to give him the most time with mom and rotate the others as there were a little squabbling at first for some milk.  Now all 3 are nursing fine.  Until there is problems we wont step in but if there is we are ready in the waiting.

I will have some pics in a few hours.  I will get some nice ones for everyone to enjoy as much as we are.

dianah

• View Profile

haha, i said to my boss that he may get a phone call one morning to say that the babies have arrived which means, i'm not coming in! my boss is super understanding, thankfully :)

those are some fab weights! how much weight did she put on during pregnancy? fluffy's stopped putting weight on at the start of july, but i can feel vigorous movement so hopefully that's not bad news.

looking forward to the pictures!

Jhenderson27

• Giz and Luna
    • View Profile

Since we got her and her mate a month ago shes put on about 125g.  So well i expect to see her in the low 800g's  or high 700g's. 

Movement means you will be given the joy of babies soon.  Be ready they are a handful already.

So proud here!

dianah

• View Profile

aww, i know, isn't it amazing that they're so active so soon after being born? it is a very proud moment, isn't it? i kept looking at fluffy and chinchi and kept saying 'they're theirs they're theirs! how amazing is that?'

our first lot had to be hand fed the first couple of weeks because fluffy had mastitis and couldn't nurse but we managed. hopefully this time she'll have a more enjoyable time - and we get more sleep ;)

Jhenderson27

• Giz and Luna
    • View Profile

So here are the pics

We have Stripe (white mosaic boy, 57g, white stripe up forehead)  He got his name after the evil gremlin in well Gremlins.  Looks like a bad mohawk.
Next we have the Standard Gray( Standard, boy, 53g)
Last we have another mosaic named Puff (White Mosaic, boy, 56g)

All are very pretty and lovable and back sleeping with mommy.

Enjoy and lemme know what you think!

dianah

• View Profile

aww they're adorable! stripe looks like a baby badger! the standard grey boy is gorgeous and puff is very handsome - i love his multicoloured tail!

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies

i wrote in your other thread too.. but i just wanted to ask.. since you said you adopted them.. are they originally from a breeder?
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

Jhenderson27

• Giz and Luna
    • View Profile

Yes, they were bought from a hobby breeder in MI.  This is where they lived originally. The previous owners bought them as a mated pair at 1.25 years of age.  They have been together since then and this would be their second litter.

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas

::bouncyball::   CONGRATS

They are gorgeous  ::kiss99::
Debbie.nl.ca

Courtney

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile

Oh they are absolutley adorable. The first mosaic reminds me of one I raised Peeps, her parents died when she was a week old. I had to recently had to put her to sleep, hardest thing I ever had to do. It looks just like her as a kit, she was 7years old.
Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up