Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rehoming Male Chinchilla  (Read 1955 times)

KellyGraham

• Appreciation points: 0
  • Stewie
    • View Profile
Rehoming Male Chinchilla
« on: July 14, 2010, 12:16:30 PM »

I have a male chinchilla named Stewie whom is approximately 5 years of age. He was given to me about 2 years ago. Since then, Stewie went through a period of time where I had to force feed him for over 1 month! He has been healthy since then, but for some reason will no longer eat Timothy hay. He was eating alfalfa hay once he started eating on his own, and has taken to that. I also got him to drink apple flavored pedialyte, and he mostly perfers that over water, but my vet said as long as he was drinking she didn't care what he was drinking. So, he has become somewhat of a high maintenenced chin, by which I mean his eating habits are a little unusual, but he is spoiled.
I am trying to rehome him to someone who has more time to offer to him. He gets the best care now, but I am unable to find the time to devote to him. I would love for him to find a home where his owner would take him out of his cage and play with him. I thought this was a good site to post on because everyone gave me such valuable information when Stewie was sick. I do live in Ohio, so the new owner would have to arrange transportation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up