Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well.... I have caught the bug everyone on here warned me about......  (Read 1743 times)

RollinEK

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile

I think it is called " chinchillaitis "... As many as you know, I have been searching high and low for another chin to save, well no luck as of yet.. Over the past few months I have noticed that my one and only chin, has become lazy, and moping around her cage. I decided it was time for a new friend...I found a local breeder about 20 miles away and I took one of his females from him.. She is a traditional gray, but she is a sapphire carrier. ;) Introducing..........
Alli! she is the chin on the left, Silvia is on the right.

I had great luck introducing these 2 to eachother. It was a breeze.
Chinny Ranch Rescue
ChinnyRanchRescue@gmail.com
Serving the OKlahoma City Area.

Courtney

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile

Oh congrats, very beautiful. Im glad they get along. She needed a friends I guess.  ;)
Six Chinchillas<br />Two Jack Russell Terriers<br />Two Parrots<br />Four Fish Tanks

cusunfireguy

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile

Awesome!  Very cute pair!
Steven Mobley<br /><br />\"Free Schapelle Corby\"!

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas

Way cool.
Yes for the most part introductions are not a problem but we don't share those stories as much. :doh:
Congrats!!!!!
Debbie.nl.ca

RollinEK

• Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile

I was kinda nervous introducing them. I had read on some other sites of a few horror stories of introduction. Nothing ever too major, but we all like to keep the peace in out homes. She made some vocalizations that were pretty sad to hear, but she has stopped since. Im considering breeding her at some point because she is a sapphire carrier. But we will see.
Chinny Ranch Rescue
ChinnyRanchRescue@gmail.com
Serving the OKlahoma City Area.

cadillactaste

• Appreciation points: 5
  • Fluffy (Standard) and Nibbles (Violet)
    • View Profile

I must say...your the first I've heard that didn't have a hard time with introduction of two chins. Unless they are just weanlings. Glad to hear that you were so fortunate.

Thinking of breeding eh? I would definately make sure your vet is comfortable with complications if any would arise from a pregnancy. Just to get the ducks in a row sort of speaking...before you head in that direction.  ;)
~Darlene

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas

I must say...your the first I've heard that didn't have a hard time with introduction of two chins. Unless they are just weanlings. Glad to hear that you were so fortunate.

For the  most part I have not had much trouble with introductions. Always a scattered one, but most would rather have a buddy than live alone.
It shocks me sometimes how some just take to each other.
I wonder do they be chatting from cage to cage and already know each other  :D
A few moths ago I took a wild girl 8 months old,and put her in a cage with another breeding pair. They never flinched, and you'd swear they knew each other for ever. She's now pregnant, so I can't wait to see what happen at delivery. And I kept her in a different house until she was ready.
Debbie.nl.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up