Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goodbye Petey  (Read 3051 times)

Petey621

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Goodbye Petey
« on: April 21, 2010, 02:15:46 PM »

I am a new chin owner and had Petey for only 2 weeks

everything was ok until i arrived home today and he wasent moving around just sitting in the middle of his cage doing nothing so i rushed him to the vet
it turns out he inhaled a piece of food through his tracea and his lungs filled up with fluid trying to get it out. about 4 min into the waiting he started to gasp and fall over in my arms...his heart had stopped right then and there. I had nightmares of him dieing in my arms and it came true. Petey was only 4 months old he was just a baby and i cant believe hes gone. My heart is broken and looking at his cage and toys and the house he slept in makes the pain even worse. i loved him very much and now i cant stand to think that every time i come home at night he wont be there sitting on his wooden block like always. ill never see him again

i love you petey very very much  :'( :'( :'(

kelly1277

• View Profile
Re: Goodbye Petey
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 06:44:12 PM »

Im very sorry for your loss... :(
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind"
Dr. Suess

chinclub

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Appreciation points: 66
    • View Profile
    • Lowcountry Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 06:52:12 PM »

I am so sorry!  I know how hard that can be.   :hugs:

Lowcountry Chinchillas

Walterboro, South Carolina

Petey621

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:06:13 PM »

its so unbearable and my gf is already talking about getting a new chin to fill the void but i feel that would be dishonoring petey by thinking about replacing him so soon

while a new chin would cheer me up i feel id be betraying his memory by using the same cage and toys but i refuse to let the new one use his house... ::cry222:::

Donna

• Appreciation points: 2
  • donnaburk@att.net
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 06:06:41 AM »

I am so sorry for your loss. I had a chinchilla that captured the largest part of my heart some years ago. After he passed away, I could hardly stand it and cried ever time I looked at his cage. I told myself that I would never get another chin, but just honor his memory of the six years that I had him. However, one day I bought another chin and I felt like I was dishonoring Billy's memory. I soon realized that Billy had taught me how to care for chins and love them, and he would want me to take care of one of his brother or sister chins. There is not a day that goes by that I don't remember Billy, but I now have several precious chins that fill my heart with joy and I love very much. I would be very lonely and heartbroken without them. Four posts below yours is the poem that I wrote after Billy passed, I hope you read it "Chinchilla in a Locket", and you will know I felt like you do. I am so sorry about Petey.

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 06:34:10 AM »

I too am so very sorry, so sudden, so young. ::cry222:::
Yes your heart must be broken, but I have to agree with Donna. Though it may feel strange to think about, getting a new one will only help.
As no two chins are the same, replacing is the wrong term. You would be getting a whole new friend that will bring a whole new heart full of joy.
We never forget the ones we've loved and lost.They remain in our hearts forever. ::wub::
Debbie.nl.ca

Camil

• View Profile
    • hobi-cincila
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 07:46:40 AM »

I'm so sorry for your loss  :( :( :(

Petey621

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 10:19:14 AM »

thank you for the advice and yes i have read that poem its beautiful and i hung it on my wall with a picture of petey if thats ok with you. maybe getting a new chin isnt a bad thing i cant be without one of these furry creatures for long. :)

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 08:21:58 AM »

I am sorry for your loss
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com