Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gus has stones! :( help?  (Read 4725 times)

FUSSoverGUS

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Gus has stones! :( help?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 08:46:59 PM »

Thanks again for your support.  I just saw my little one at the hospital. He was not in good shape at all, he didnt even move his little whiskers.  But after about an hour of talking to him and petting him he gave me a few signals that he wasn't gone yet.  There is still a fighters chance that he could pull through.  I just hope he knew I was there, and that I didn't want to let him go just yet.

Tomorrow is huge.  I will be sure to post.  I want everyone to know that I have prepared myself for the worst, but am still clinging to a glimmer of hope.  All your positive energy and thoughts are really really appreciated.  Thank you again

Lori Ramsey Earle

• Appreciation points: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 05:12:48 PM »

Sending both you and Gus hopeful thoughts and prayers,
Lori and chins

BambiLove

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Why must chinchillas be so cute?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 12:11:06 AM »

im sorry for what happened to Gus =[ i'm seriously crying right now after reading all that, sad story about pets always make me cry  :'( this reminds me of my nightmare when i had to take care of a cat while he was dying, its just...made me cry a lot. Don't get me wrong, im not saying that Gus is dying or anything, i hope he gets better. i hate to see any post in the memorials. ill be sure to pray for him tonight. God bless Gus and all chins out there <3 Hang on in there Gus!
I wish one day every pet will have a good home and be happy~

FUSSoverGUS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 06:13:56 AM »

Hey guys,

So unfortunately i got a call at 145am yesterday, Gus is no longer with us.  He was in a lot of pain when I visited him last night so I opted to let him stay in the hospital one more night.  He actually was responsive just before I left, and I think it was his way of trying to say goodbye and let me know things would be ok.  I really appreciate all the positive energy that everyone put forth.  I wish you all the best of luck with you and your loved ones. 

We aer fortunate to still have our little one Neo.  Gus was definitely my little boy though.  I never thought that something so small could leave such a huge hole in my heart.  I just need some time to heal.

Thanks again guys

Harleychin

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 09:22:16 AM »

I'm so sorry you lost him.You did all you could for him.
I lost a chin about four years ago and it hit me hard! Take time to grieve and love your other little guy like crazy.
Rest in Peace little Gus.
Sandy

betty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 11:58:49 AM »

I am so sorry to hear that....i also lost my 9 year old baby chinchilla about 2 months ago and it is still very hard for me.  Pets are our forever friends and we are their only friends in life.  I hope you will feel better soon and at least you get to spend some times with him last night.... RIP Gus!

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 02:04:23 PM »

Awwwww  ::cry222:::
I'm so sorry, special wasn't he  ::nod::

We'll miss him too  :hugs:
Debbie.nl.ca

Ladykelia

• Appreciation points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 09:49:07 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss. My Hermes died from complications from a surgery to remove bladder stones a few months ago. I still miss his fuzzy little butt.  ::cry222:::

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 08:05:26 AM »

:'(    I am so sorry to hear he lost his battle, but it sounds like he made a strong effort to win.  It's never easy to lose one, but just remember he's crossed over the Rainbow Bridge and is with all the little ones that went before.  No more cages, no more pain or illness ... just happy playtime.

:hugs:    Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

LoveYouMoki

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 12:43:39 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear little Gus. It sounds like you did absolutely everything for him - good vet care, love and support. Sometime they just don't make it.
I just lost my youngest chin Moki who was 9.5 on Monday very suddenly a month after stitches in her arm had healed. The hole in my heart is so real and so gaping, I didn't think I could go for a few hours without breaking down in tears. I have 2 wonderful happy chins who are 11 that are helping me grieve and try to move forward.

You loved your Gus and he knew that. Its so hard to let go of the memory of these painful deaths, but try to think about the wonderful, amazing life that Gus had with you up until that point.

Huge hugs to you and raisins and dust baths to your little Neo.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up