Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chinchilla Supplies  (Read 4090 times)

jmdebb

• Appreciation points: 28
    • View Profile
    • Chinchilla Supplies
Chinchilla Supplies
« on: December 05, 2009, 12:05:42 PM »

Hi everyone, I should introduce myself first. my name is jean, and I have been a member of the chinchilla club for under a year, but i never log onto their forums and I must start doing so more often.  I can never talk about animals enough.   ;D  I have 2 standards and 2 mosaics, my oldest is about 4 years old and they are my most spoiled wrotten animals that I have.  I also have 2 cats - 1 is a kitten and goes where no kitten has even dared to go before :2funny:, 2 ferrets and one dog.

For a few different reasons I recently opened a chin webstore and would like to get feedback from you guys.  I'm not done, I do need to add more products, but I've spent so much money already so I"m gonna wait to see if it works before I add more to it.  There are so many chin web stores out there I have to realize it might not make it.   If things pan out I will be adding Superpet products, all kinds of toy parts, more quality feed and much more.    

So would you mind letting me know if it seems confusing, easy to navigate..etc... whatever your thoughts,   I want to put as much info in there as possible so i have many pages, some of the page aren't in yet as you'll see when the links don't work.., but at the same time I dont' want to make navigating around confusing or have the site look too busy.  I never put together site before on my own so I'm not sure if it looks good or not.. [go figure and i wrote html for 8 years...hehehe ]

oh and if you have an idea of something you think would sell good let me know if i get enough requests i'll add it.

good thing for that modify button, of course i forgot to put the link in... rofl

http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com

thanks everyone....
Your One Stop Chin Shop
http://www.tjschinchillasupplies.com/chinchillafood.html
Huge variety, safe, affordable & brand names
:)
:)

Missy8964

• Newie and Chewie!!!
  • Appreciation points: 1
    • View Profile
    • Softie's Chinformational Website
Re: Chinchilla Supplies
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 03:30:28 AM »

I just took a quick look around your page and it looks good.  The layout is simple, but very clean (as you said you didn't want it to look to busy), navigation is simple and the menus are clearly labeled. There are some problems with overlapping areas, but that is already noted on your site as a browser issue.
I do have 2 suggestions though.
If you're trying to promote your supplies store, you should have that be more of a highlight of your website.  Let everyone know why they want to purchase stuff from your store.
The menus in the store are only a tiny bit confusing.  When you click on a section, it disappears from the menu area (Vine items, wood toys, etc.).  It didn't take me long to realize what was going on but it makes navigation a bit clunky to have the menu change between such closely related pages. I see what you were doing though.
(I hope I'm not sounding like I'm being to nit-picky. I'm making a website myself and am just trying to give you helpful feedback, which is what I will be looking for soon   :))

All-in-all you have a very nice website.  I wish you luck with your store, especially if you've already invested a lot into it.
A fun and informative chinchilla website
www.chinformation.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up