Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I toot someone else's horn?  (Read 3074 times)

Beansma

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Can I toot someone else's horn?
« on: September 10, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »

http://www.sewardbreeders.com/

They are whom I rescued my chin Beans from. They are in Geneva, Ohio. Very clean facilities, and she has even stopped breeding to help home and care for her rescues. They make the toys and wooden houses themselves, no glues, staples etc. Just great people and I find their offerings very reasonable and responsible. I buy his food and the vita grain from them regularly. Just wanted them to get a shout out. And maybe hook some of you guys up on a place for supplies you need not question yourself about.  And if anyone wants to give a great chin a good home and you live in Ohio, that would be great too. She really hooks you up for the $65. adoption fee and sets you up with a care package. ::chinhappy:: ::clapp::

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: Can I toot someone else's horn?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 06:09:34 AM »

::silly::  Nice site and a good cause!  I love the Dave house for Chinchillas, leaping ledges (both wood and lava stone), but, the brush advertised is good for cats and dogs, but I was told, during a seminar, by a rancher that shows her chins, that the brush shown is very harsh on chinchilla fur.

The Hubbard Traditions Chinchilla Feed is excellent, but I do wish they would list all the ingredients on the supplement offered for sale.

The prices ... some are higher and some are lower than those found in pet stores, but all the money goes to help support rescue chins, so it is very well worth it.

The cage looks nice, the price is very reasonable, and I love the deep tray, but it does not list the size of the wire used to make it.

A pet chinchilla for $65?  You can't beat that price and would be worth the trip to get a couple.   :::grins::  But always keep in mind that a rescue is just that, a rescue ... some can be perfectly healthy, while others may have hidden as well as obvious health problems ... but this can happen with any chin you adopt, it is just more likely to happen with a rescue, for various reasons.  They are all loveable and deserve good homes with people who will love them and take good care of them.   :::grins::

::wave::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Beansma

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 06:50:34 AM »

I know there is flax seed, sunflower seeds and oats in the mix, she's really good about answering emails for further questions. All the cages she refurbishes or sells new, their feet can't fit through ( I bought mine there I will post a pic. She tries to house the rescues in their original homes as well, some owners rather unfortunately like to take the cages back though.   I use the mix more of a treat out of my hand, and he only gets a little daily. And Beans loves the Dave house :) Beans does get "turkey feathers" that I normally give a gentle tug to remove, what brushes/combs do you recommend?

I am just a sucker for a good cause  :blush2:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 06:59:31 AM by Beansma »

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »

::silly::   If you are a member of the Chinchilla Club, here is a URL to an article concerning grooming: http://www.chinchillaclub.com/members/mag/0204groom.html

I will post a picture of the chinchilla grooming combs and other grooming tools.  The combs are a little expensive, but well worth it.

::wave::  Jo Ann

If you contact Barara Shoots at Shoots Chinchilla Ranch (http://www.shootschinchilla.com/ ), she has the most reasonable price I have found for the combs.   :::grins::
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 08:04:35 AM by Jo Ann »
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed
Pages: [1]   Go Up