Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rehoming chinchillas locally (RI)  (Read 4569 times)

Beth

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
rehoming chinchillas locally (RI)
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:32:58 PM »

Hi everyone.  I know it's been a while since I've posted and a lot has happened.  But my two girls (Lulu and Shanti) are both great, for the most part.  I think that my new ferret is stressing them out.  I have NEVER let them see or interact with each other.  I keep my ferret in the kitchen, and my chins in the living room.  However, my apartment is really one big room and I know they know about each other. 

I've noticed both my chins chewing the fur off their big toes.  It makes me so sad to think I've caused them any stress whatsoever!

I would consider re-homing my girls in Rhode Island, but only to an experienced chin owner who could give them a better life than me.  I still spend several hours per day alone with them, playing in my living room, and give them the best possible care.  I only have another 6 months until I finish grad school and could get a bigger place.  The only way I could possibly let them go is to the best possible home in RI (so I can visit and check in). 

Any advice, suggestions, support, is so greatly appreciated!  I'm so torn and upset about causing any upset to my animals.  Please talk to me!
 ::cry222:::

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: rehoming chinchillas locally (RI)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 09:07:49 AM »

::silly::   Hi Beth,

Let's see ... two sweet adorable fuzzy little balls with big dark eyes that are the most adorable little beggars around (known as a chinchilla) are prey animals and vegetarians.

Another cute little animal that is a predator (known as a ferret)  is placed in the same location/room ...   

::think::   What's wrong with this situation?

If you prefer your new ferret to your chins, I do hope you find them a new home very soon ... before they are stressed to the point it is detrimental to their over all health.  I wish I lived closer, I would take them immediately.  I hope someone else can.

Just my thoughts.

::wave::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 06:12:48 AM »

Yes this is a chinchilla site and we are all addicts,
If I had to choose I'm afraid the ferret would need a new home. ;)
But we get so attached to all our animals that I can see you being in a real tug of war. ::pull hair::
Hope you can find them a good home, or another room for the ferret. ;)
Debbie.nl.ca

Petco Chinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • My Baby, Fluff Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 09:53:36 AM »

I don`t know of anybody who lives in RI, on and off this site.  Well,  when did you get the ferret?  I would rather get rid of the ferret.  That way you only have to get rid of 1 animal and not 2.  The chances are that the chins will get split up and rather lonely.  But, hey,  that may not happen.  I wish no one had to give up any animals.  I would buy them, but, I live far away, we just got a mastiff yesterday (named him Lugwitz  :2funny: ) and my dad doesn`t want me to have more than 1 chin at this time.
God Bless Chinchillas!

Beth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 03:49:19 PM »

thank you all for your support.  I'll let you know what happens  :)

animalnut1310

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 02:07:26 AM »

i was a previous ferret owner in the past and i had to part with them and i was heart broken but honestly you should do whats in the best intrest of the animal and some times you have to make some really hard choices but in the end they generally go the way you would like but unfortunately for me i gave them to a large ferret rescue ass. and about a year later the police were removing hundreds of dead and starving ferrets from the previous ......it was a sad day for me because that's where my ferrets went it broke my heart and it still does i just hope they were strong enough to make it out alive it still bothers me to how people can be so cruel to the Innocent.  ::cry222:::
Pages: [1]   Go Up