Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: chinchilla needs new home  (Read 6511 times)

JulieG

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
chinchilla needs new home
« on: July 02, 2009, 09:20:41 AM »

Hi,

I have one chinchilla, she is grey, about 6 years old.  She is very loveable and friendly, no problems there.  But my boyfriend and I just moved to a much smaller apartment and there is no place for her.   I absolutely have to get rid of her and want her to go to the best home possible.  She will come with all of her belongings.  I need to find her a new home asap, if you know of anyone looking that can provide a safe and loving home, please contact me.  my email address is   My fear is that I will eventually just have to give her to the humane society, and I would be devastated if it came to that.

Please help!

Thanks,
Julie
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:33:24 PM by JulieG »

JulieG

• View Profile
Re: chinchilla needs new home
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:21:37 AM »

We are located in southeast michigan.  But I am willing to drive an hour or so to meet someone.

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 05:24:42 PM »

::silly::  If there is no one on here that is close enough to help you ... try the M.C.B.A (north east branch) and the same with Empress. 

Please do not leave her with the s.p.c.a. ... unless they have someone there that knows how to take care of her ... if they do not have anyone that knows how to care for her ... they will just put her down ... or even worse ... let her (by accident ... because they do not know better) be exposed to something that is not good for her or that will make her deathly ill.

Good luck and I'll keep her in our prayers.   Someone has to know somebody that will take in a little one to keep it out of the s.p.c.a.

::wave::  Jo Ann

There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

Petco Chinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • My Baby, Fluff Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 08:23:53 AM »

I hope someone takes her in soon. I would take her but I`m afraid that 1 chin is enough for me and plus I live far away. I would have to take a plane there. About the apartment, is your chin`s cage really big? Can you not fit  it in anywhere? Do you have any friends that live nearby that are possibly looking for a pet? The people at the humane society are more experienced with dogs and cats. There must be someone in your apartment building that would like to take her in and better yet, you could go visit your chin!  Sometimes with new circumstances, we are forced to do things we don`t want to do.  You don`t really want to give away your chin, do you?
God Bless Chinchillas!

ABC Chinchillas

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 27
    • View Profile
    • ABC Chinchillas
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 09:34:01 AM »

try posting on http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com  it is a very busy forum you may have some luck there
Elaine McFee and Kristy Morici
starleomach@comcast.net
ABC Chinchillas
abcchinchillas.com

squeakie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 02:12:03 PM »

Too bad I don't live in MI anymore :(. I would have jumped at the chance. I can't think of anyone back there who would be interested either. ::shrug::

kneesaa

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 07:51:05 AM »

I live in southern WI and I would take her but I have no way to get to there. Good luck, Shannon
Quyana Shannon Seager

JulieG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 02:06:07 PM »

Thanks for alll of your responses.  I will check out that other forum.

I have checked with everyone I know that I would trust with a chinchilla.  The cage is a three level, so it does take up quite a bit of room.  Right now she's in the kitchen which will definetly not work when we gut the kitchen for remodelling, which will be a the Fall probably, so thats why I'm looking now.  Even after that is finished I really dont like keeping a caged pet in the kitchen, as it is somewhat unsanitary.  The apartment is quite small and already full to the brim with furniture since we moved from a much larger place.  Plus we have new hardwood all over besides the kitchen, and fear that her dust would damage the finish on it. 

Anyways, I will keep looking and thanks again for your responses.  If you hear of anyone in michigan needing or wanting a chin, please give them my email address!
Pages: [1]   Go Up