Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pegasus  (Read 2623 times)

Bogart

• Appreciation points: 0
  • Bogart & Cagney
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« on: November 06, 2008, 10:12:52 PM »

:::((( :::(((

My kitty of 10 1/2 yrs. old had passed in her sleep on All Saints Day. It upset me for 2 days, to have found her, but yet peaceful. She came into  my life as quiet as she went out.

You see, she was given to me as a BD gift. She was what you call a Calico-Persian, round face, awesome color and personality. She had been very abused and was at the Media, PA SPCA.

I will have her back next Thurs. as she was cremated.

Laurie
Black Viper's 500 LMTD

kneesaa

• Appreciation points: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Pegasus
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 10:08:34 AM »

I know how you feel. I found my beloved winky that way too ::cry222:::.  I knew that she was losing weight but I didn't realise that it would kill her. I think she was about your cats age, if not a little older. But that was 9 years ago. I still miss her sometimes.  It gets better over time. Shannon
Quyana Shannon Seager

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: Pegasus
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 09:44:02 AM »

:'(    We are sad because we miss them, but, after a while, we realize they aren't really gone ... not as long as we remember them and keep them in our hearts.    There will always be a special place in your heart for her, nothing will ever take that spot. 

Sometimes one will leave us so that another can have someone to care for it.  I remember when my Lucky died (He was from the SPCA, too - he was found in the snow, almost frozen to death.  He had pneumonia and they were fixing to put him down.  Instead, I took him home.  He was with me for many years.) He was injured, by a kid in the neighborhood (we think) but he seemed to hold on till I got home from work and he passed in my arms.   I thought I would never want to have another cat, it just seemed to painful ...

A few weeks later, I passed by a house that had a sign up "kittens for sale".  More than likely, had Lucky still been alive, I would have ignored it.  But, I stopped to look.  As I pulled into the driveway, I  noticed a tiny kitten had slipped out of the fenced area and was headed straight for the busy street.   I picked him up and he snuggled under my chin and fell asleep in no time.   His name became Snuggs and we spent many happy years together.   :)

|hugs|   Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed
Pages: [1]   Go Up