Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pet Stores...  (Read 2698 times)

sashasmommy

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
Pet Stores...
« on: June 04, 2008, 12:46:26 PM »

A good reason to be careful at petstores with chins. I just had a girl swear to me that this chin was a girl. So..I told her I'd be back later, just so I could come home and make sure I wasn't the crazy one. Granted petstores arn't the greatest place to go to..but I feel bad for the little chins. Its so hot in there...and I'm about to go back to put her on track with what she's selling...On the plus side I found a pretty beige male (about 1 year old) I'll be getting Saturday from a friend of mine. She works at a petstore (here I go again..) and they had two of them dropped off by their owners..and luckily I walked in the door today. Well..unluckily because I have to buy him now...if she'd of known she would have called me before they became store property...oh well. I think he's going to be Stan...and if I get a female tonight she'll be Star....soo....Sasha, Spike, Stan, and Star! What a group.....oh wow...now to find a good cage..lol...
5 Chinnies- Sasha, Star, Stevie, Stuart, Baby
1 Dog- Sierra
1 Hampster- Lightning
2 Kids- Lauryn, Ashton

sashasmommy

• View Profile
Re: Pet Stores...
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 03:10:39 PM »

Well I went back and talked to someone who knew what they were talking about...she used to breed...and we did establish the other was a male...but she set me up with a pretty little girl about 4 months old. Her name was gonna be Star...but we decided on Astreya...well...Star in spanish..lol
5 Chinnies- Sasha, Star, Stevie, Stuart, Baby
1 Dog- Sierra
1 Hampster- Lightning
2 Kids- Lauryn, Ashton

Floluvschins

• <3
    • View Profile
Re: Pet Stores...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 09:28:07 PM »

i was in a pet store the other day too and sleeping inside their dust bath (i hate how pet stores LEAVE the dust baths in the cages all the time) was 3 little chinnys 1 standard and 2 beige. I asked the girl working the in rodent section if they were male or female just being nosy and she goes "hold on let me check" and looks inside cage at them sleeping didnt even touch them and goes "there all males" i could not believe it. and i left.  :flames:
Pages: [1]   Go Up