Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: irritated male  (Read 2194 times)

BrightEyed

• Appreciation points: 1
  • Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
    • Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
irritated male
« on: December 11, 2007, 06:01:03 PM »

I have a male who I've been watching on an off recently. I posted about him with a sudden wet jaw and it was thought he was sprayed by a female in the run (we have not opened her hole yet) and his jaw was dry by the end of the day anyways so I didn't think anything more.

this male ended up catching my eye again with his fur in between his back legs being wet. I closed his hold and watched to see if it could be a bladder infection and it too went away quickly.

Now I notice he has a line of what seems to be a urine stain up the middle of his stomach that goes about halfway up his belly towards his chin. And the fur seems a little damp between his back legs, again.

I've been checking him for hair rings and hes always shown up clean.

He's acting a little irritated also. He's always been on and off.. more off normally but now he makes the noise females make when they stand and warn that they will spray.. and he stands up almost like he will spray also.

He eats normal.. (hes never been a really heavy eater..) and he chews normal and takes treats. I think he may be irritated with me for closing his hole.. but I didn't want him to give my female anything when I noticed his wet fur.

He is surrounded by females (beside, above and below) and they may be in season. (just wanted to add that :)  )

Do these 'symptoms' ring anyones bell? I didn't want to stress him with an un-needed vet visit.
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
http://www.brighteyedchinchillas.com
central North Carolina

Debbie.nl.ca

• Breeder
  • Appreciation points: 30
    • View Profile
    • Debbie's Newfoundland Chinchillas
Re: irritated male
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 07:55:42 PM »

Do these 'symptoms' ring anyones bell?
Well maybe kinda,
I have a few but one who's a real dripper. Everytime the females go in heat he dribbles all over the place.
Leaving wet spots on all the shelves and yes a little wet on his underside.
I tried moving him as far from the females as I could and it did help some, then I just gave him a girl.
Well he is one very happy male chin now. ;D
Could this be it?
Debbie.nl.ca

BrightEyed

• Appreciation points: 1
  • Miss Isabella
    • View Profile
    • Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
Re: irritated male
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 01:26:44 PM »

I think that probably is it. Now that his run is closed it has become a problem. I think he wants his girl and he wants his run... and thats why he sometimes acts irritated and has the dribble problem.
Megan
Bright-Eyed Chinchillas
http://www.brighteyedchinchillas.com
central North Carolina
Pages: [1]   Go Up