Chinchillas.org

Chinchilla Community Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Someone Classify My Mutt? (=  (Read 11267 times)

Jo Ann

• Global Moderator
  • Appreciation points: 59
  • Chinchillas are a little bit of heaven on earth.
    • View Profile
    • Luv 'N Chins
Re: Can Someone Classify My Mutt? (=
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 08:41:03 AM »

I need to find an exinexpensive scale to weigh him.

You might want to a search on the net under postal scales (they weigh in 1 and 2 Gram increments) and seem to be the best, especially price-wise.

She was on the verge of donating them to a high school biology classroom...not a good thing.

I know, when she first told me about donating them to a biology class - I thought "dissecting" and almost went into a panic, but, it was not that ... thank goodness ... it was as a class pet, which would be almost as bad.  I sent her a list of 10 reasons to give the teacher as to why a chinchilla is NOT a good "class pet" ... one I stressed very strongly ... liability - if it took a bite out of someone ...  ::) ... I think that one alone did the trick.    rofl

I think it was especially nice of the young girl to try so hard to find someone to take them, so her friend would not give them to the school.

Comming from a pet store is usually about 99.95% a dead end when trying to find the breeder ... most stores get them from a distributor (in that case, not even the store has a way of knowing where they came from origionally) and those that get them from a local breeder will not tell you who the breeder is ... the store doesn't want you to buy from the breeder, only from the store.  Of course, the store will not tell you this till after you buy them and it is to late to return them.   :::(((

::wave::  Jo Ann
There are no dumb questions ...
    Only regrets they were not asked ...

Luv 'N Chins (Kid Friendly)
www.luvnchins.com/NewPagesAndArticles.html
My Little Jamie
www.luvnchins.com/AvailableForAdoption.html

Luv 'N Chins II (NOT kid friendly - Medical)
Being re-built! Geocities closed

chicosmama

• Appreciation points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 12:13:24 PM »

I saw a chinchilla at petco.. I wanted to cry. He had NO TOYS, a plastic igloo, and four water bottles in the entire cage! It was utterly unbearable.

ChillinChinchillas

• Appreciation points: 3
  • Evie's Easter Pic!
    • View Profile
    • Chillin' Chinchillas
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2007, 11:41:23 AM »

The chin I got from the pet store has turned out to be one of my better quality chins. I would never breed him, but he is big and beautiful. Plus, if it wasn't for him, I would have never discovered the wonderful world of chinchillas!
~Kristin Carlin~
**Chillin' Chinchillas**
(Petie, Roxxy, Addietouille, Widgette, JellyBean, & Smokey, Jovey, Chae, Emma, Rocky, Chance, Daisey, Porter, Tucker, and Ollie)
http://www.chillinchinchillas.com

Asikovsek

• Appreciation points: 4
    • View Profile
    • Oil Creek Chins
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 02:03:02 AM »

I dont breed any of my chins without pedigree papers, and I especially dont suggest breeding pet store chins, there is just too many problems because you dont really know the background of the chin and even if you plan on keeping the babies and not selling them you can still risk mutation or difficulties with the female delivering, its just to risky, because you could lose your chin and no one wants to go thru that.  I always suggest going to a breeder.  There are breeders in every state and even if you have to make a little of drive atleast you can trust that the breeder has given the proper care to your future new member of your family.  there is nothing wrong with a pet store chin.  My first chin was from a pet store but he also didnt live as long as my other chins that I have received from a breeder or have breeded myself ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up